Team v QPR?

I’d stick Lees and Penney back in the starting line up and tell them to redeem themselves after under par performances. Tho I have a feeling Fox may come in for the latter

And I’d put Onomah in the FF role for the energy and movement we are missing 

Pudil back in for Thorniley to try and avoid errors in the back line 

Dawson 

Lees    Hector    Pudil 

Palmer  Pelupessy  Bannan  Penney 

Reach          Onomah 

Joao 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Thanks 1

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Hector Fox

Bannan Pelupessy Onomah

Reach Nuhiu Joao

Back to the four at the back which got us solid wins against Milwall, Reading and Ipswich. Penney needs a rest. I'd drop Lees but that would be terrible man management. Wildsmith in goal please. 3 in the middle, with Joey sitting and Bannan and Onomah orchestrating the play. Real shame both FF and Matias are injured, therefore we have to stick with Joao and encourage him.

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Wildsmith

Palmer Lees Hector Fox

Bannan Pelupessy Onomah

Reach Nuhiu Joao

Back to the four at the back which got us solid wins against Milwall, Reading and Ipswich. Penney needs a rest. I'd drop Lees but that would be terrible man management. Wildsmith in goal please. 3 in the middle, with Joey sitting and Bannan and Onomah orchestrating the play. Real shame both FF and Matias are injured, therefore we have to stick with Joao and encourage him.

Just out of interest why Fox over Pudil?

• Like 1

Sorry, we need to go with a back 4. Your

defenders need to be comfortable on the ball to play in a back 3. Lees has been petrified bringing the ball out from the back. He’s a good defender and he’s wasted in a back 3. Palmer is terrible going forward and isn’t a wing back. 

I’d go;

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Thorniley 

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Dave

Joao

When FF is fit, I’d play him him wide left. Penney is my first choice left back but I actually think he needs a rocket for a few casual performances. Joey to shield the back 4.

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Sorry, we need to go with a back 4. Your

defenders need to be comfortable on the ball to play in a back 3. Lees has been petrified bringing the ball out from the back. He’s a good defender and he’s wasted in a back 3. Palmer is terrible going forward and isn’t a wing back. 

I’d go;

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Thorniley 

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Dave

Joao

When FF is fit, I’d play him him wide left. Penney is my first choice left back but I actually think he needs a rocket for a few casual performances. Joey to shield the back 4.

Agree with every player and every point you make there.

47 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’d stick Lees and Penney back in the starting line up and tell them to redeem themselves after under par performances. Tho I have a feeling Fox may come in for the latter

Dawson 

Lees    Hector    Pudil 

Reach          Onomah 

Joao 

Agree with this mate, dropping Penney.. would be terrible Man management. Young players learn from playing games not from being dropped. It would be more confidence building to put an arm round him and say that was a tough game, go out at qpr and show yourself what you can do

The back 3 system we’re playing has worked well. Hector stepping into midfield and marking the opposition playmaker. And helping with the midfield possession too 

My Hull city supporting mate says Hector looks like a different player for us, as when he was in a back 4 for them last season he was prone to mistakes and giving away penalties.

Lees just needs to give the ball immediately if there’s a pass on, or kick it up field. Same as when he’s in a back 4

I agree with Onomah and Joao starting too for the counter attacks, strength and energy 

• Thanks 3

It depends on how Jos wants to play.

With our players, playing 3 at the back turns us into a very negative, defensive team.

Stuck in our own half, forwards feeding on scraps.

However he may well argue that it has got results. Even last night against a side with much better players on paper they created very little until we gifted them two goals.

However I still don’t think we are good enough defensively to spend so much time in our own half and not concede. Strangely last night was one of the few times we haven’t given loads of chances away, Bristol missed boatloads first half.

The other issue last night was giving players jobs to basically man mark opponents.

Last night Reach was obviously trying to mark Clayton and Hector marked Downing. This is nonsense in my eyes as straight away you take away any chance of imposing our style of play on the opposition. 

So so for me I would go 433 with the team Bouncing Owl put above, but don’t think Jos will.

Guest LittleG

I would also go 4-3-3 but no sure Jos will. When you look at it the only personnel we can bring into the team are Onomah, Nuihu, Pudil, Fox and Wildsmith; a worrying lack of options at the moment. Penney does need a break but then it's either Thorniley, Pudil  or Fox at full back, all suspect there.

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Dawson 

Lees    Hector    Pudil 

Reach          Onomah 

Joao 

Time to reinstate Big Adthe as the focal point to the attack.

João looks more dangerous out wide than in the centre. Reach and João will both get up and support Adthe.

Fletcher, Mattias and Fernando will change things up if necessary.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5bcb15f

lineup (2).png

Wildsmith

Baker, Hector, hutch, Penney

Joey

Reach onomah bannan

Joao Dave

Were rubbish vs boro so shake it up, no favourites, games won and lost in midfield so must be that 3

23 minutes ago, Drewswfc said:

Wonder if hutch might be involved? He's not with the u23s today

Possibly but then again a few other fringe players weren't involved tonight, Boyd for one. 

Wildsmith

Palmer  Lees   Pudil      Thorniley

Hector

Onomah       Pelupessy      Bannan

Nuhiu    Fletcher

Subs Dawson Baker Penney Fox Hutchinson Joao Winnall

12 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'd go

Westwood

Palmer Hector  Pudil  Fox

Pelupessy Onomah

Joao         Bannan         Reach

Fletcher

You'd drop Lees then?

I agree with Bannan playing further forward.