Team v QPR?

That's it, I'm going all in on this one. Hector is the new, improved, Carlton Palmer. I'd be starting him in centre mid against QPR.

Bannan is the new Chris Waddle on the left wing.

There's no way we'd lose the midfield battle with this team.

Plenty of decent crosses from Bannihnio for Big Adthe.

3-1 Wednesday

:luhukay:

lineup (3).png

I think that the job Hector did on Friday was pick up  Downing.

Downing was given a free role by Pulis roaming between up front and midfield so when he dropped into midfield Hector tended to follow him.

So we had Hector following Downing and Reach standing next to Clayton and pointing at everybody else to mark the rest.

I find it bizarre that we set up this way.

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I think that the job Hector did on Friday was pick up  Downing.

Downing was given a free role by Pulis roaming between up front and midfield so when he dropped into midfield Hector tended to follow him.

So we had Hector following Downing and Reach standing next to Clayton and pointing at everybody else to mark the rest.

I find it bizarre that we set up this way.

If that was his Job then thats another at fault for there 1st goal to go with Thorniley and Lees. 

Wildsmith

Palmer.   Lees.     Hutch.    Penny

Pessy.  Hector

Onomah  Bannan   Reach  

Fletcher

This allows us to change formations constantly throughout the game from the 4231 set out.

Hector can drop in to make 3151 allowing Palmer & Penny to push on.

Personally i cant see the midfield getting bullied with Pessy,  Onomah & Hector in it.

Hopefully it will allow us to dominate the midfield and push Reach, Bannan & Onomah in and around Fletcher when attacking.

5 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Interesting, way of seeing it. Either third centre back stepping into midfield or a defensive midfielder, he played well against Middlesbrough.

The problem for me is we need both, so I'd be stuck between picking him in as CB or CM, especially with what's happened at the back in the last game.

You can't let other teams win the midfield battle, that's where all this pressure and sitting back is coming from.

I agree we kind of need him to play both positions. Like we did with Hutchinson when he was fully fit.

Its not the fashionable set up, however it gives us a numerical advantage in centre midfield. I think with that overload in centre midfield, the opposition tuck in their wide midfielders and allow our full backs the space to run into.  Two strikers capable of holding the ball up for Reach and Onomah to get in and around them, Bannan to play with his head up with options ahead and with full backs getting alongside to provide width.  Hector to drop back to form a 3 and allow those full backs to get forward.  Better distribution from Pudil is a bonus.  Its important we hold the ball up in attack.  We are useless out of organised possession, ie we don't have pace to get in behind with one pass.

Dawson

Lees           Pudil

Palmer                                  Penney

Hector

Onomah          Bannan

Reach

Nuhiu         Fletcher

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hector

Thorniley

Onomah

Joey

Bannan

Reach

Dave

Joao

We need a system change and we need to get Onomah in the side. Prefer Reach out wide and I want us to play with 2 wide players supporting the central striker. I think Penney needs a rocket for some casual performances and I’d play Thorniley left back. I certainly wouldn’t play JT as wing back but should be ok to play left back. 

On 21/10/2018 at 09:44, Blatter said:

Dawson

Hutchinson Hector Pudil

Baker Pelupessy Bannan Thornilly

Reach

Joa.          Nuhiu

Shakeup needed at the back because Jos insists on playing out from defence.

Swap Baker for Onomah and that would be a dream 

the 18 what goes to qpr will be minus several fit players for some reason he just wont pick boyd or Hutchinson both are 100% fit what ids jos waiting for regards Hutchinson? for him to be injured during training? he admits he is fit but says he has only player 5 games this year as a result is not match sharp ,we might as well either have him on the bench give him 30 mins and build him up that way if he goes down injured again so be it but we might as well get something out of him rather than nothing. as for boyd he looked sharp in u23 game and scored at leeds surely with 12-14 out he should be at least in the squad . I think jos is losing the plot ,he would sooner put  a 16year old on the bench . 

10 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Its not the fashionable set up, however it gives us a numerical advantage in centre midfield. I think with that overload in centre midfield, the opposition tuck in their wide midfielders and allow our full backs the space to run into.  Two strikers capable of holding the ball up for Reach and Onomah to get in and around them, Bannan to play with his head up with options ahead and with full backs getting alongside to provide width.  Hector to drop back to form a 3 and allow those full backs to get forward.  Better distribution from Pudil is a bonus.  Its important we hold the ball up in attack.  We are useless out of organised possession, ie we don't have pace to get in behind with one pass.

Dawson

Lees           Pudil

Palmer                                  Penney

Hector

Onomah          Bannan

Reach

Nuhiu         Fletcher

You might be onto something here, Reach could drop into midfield in that formation. Bannan would also have license to get wide and wip in some dangerous crosses with that magic left leg. Two big targets to aim at.

The only down side is Reach won't be in his favoured striking position.