Team v QPR?

Westwood

Palmer.       Hutchinson.        Hector.       Thorniley 

Onomah.        Pelupessy.      Bannan

Joao.           Fletcher.         Reach

I’d have Dawson, Pudil, Boyd, Jones, Winnall, Abdi, Nuhiu on the bench.

Give Lees/Penney midweek off tell them to come back and put a performance in against Brum 

While we have experienced pros let’s at least get them in the match day squad.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Westwood

Palmer.       Hutchinson.        Hector.       Thorniley 

Onomah.        Pelupessy.      Bannan

Joao.           Fletcher.         Reach

I’d have Dawson, Pudil, Boyd, Jones, Winnall, Abdi, Nuhiu on the bench.

Give Lees/Penney midweek off tell them to come back and put a performance in against Brum 

While we have experienced pros let’s at least get them in the match day squad.

I wasn't happy that Carlos had decided half the squad weren't good enough. I think Jos needs to keep all the squad involved, if the players want to be involved, and if they don't then they should be made to play five a side at half time at Hillsborough.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I think Fox plays better on the left hand side of a back three, but it's probably time to rest Penney

Penney is a talent and a prospect who is comfortable with the ball at his feet but he's not great under pressure or in the air and Middlesborough knew that and exposed it last night. Long term I think we'll see him further up the pitch 

If we play a 4 at the back then Thorniley gets the nod for me at left back, if we're playing 3 with wing backs then it has to be Fox. Fox gets a bad deal from Wednesday fans, everything he does is magnified but he is competitive and capable of putting dangerous balls in from wide areas

5 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Penney is a talent and a prospect who is comfortable with the ball at his feet but he's not great under pressure or in the air and Middlesborough knew that and exposed it last night. Long term I think we'll see him further up the pitch 

If we play a 4 at the back then Thorniley gets the nod for me at left back, if we're playing 3 with wing backs then it has to be Fox. Fox gets a bad deal from Wednesday fans, everything he does is magnified but he is competitive and capable of putting dangerous balls in from wide areas

Fox is very competitive and I'm more than happy to have him in a back three, I think it's his pace which lets him down at left back, but if he's facing the ball he doesn't take any prisoners.

Amazing how much stick Dawson, Fox and Pelupessy get while the likes of Abdi continue to get a free ride.

Just now, Garry Powell said:

What the hell did Fletcher do wrong against Boro ? Big Dave no issue puts himself about, Joao is not a starter , sub role suits him better not consistent enough

Nothing at all, my MOTM but him and Nuhiu are clearly sharing that role which for me is right as we don't want to lose Fletcher for a lengthly spell again like last year

29 minutes ago, Garry Powell said:

What the hell did Fletcher do wrong against Boro ? Big Dave no issue puts himself about, Joao is not a starter , sub role suits him better not consistent enough

Fletcher needs a rest and Adhte is more than capable. They both need games.

30 minutes ago, Garry Powell said:

I think João has to start on the left of a front three. We lose his workrate when he plays in the middle.

João could be due a rest also.