Team v QPR?

3 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Fox is very competitive and I'm more than happy to have him in a back three, I think it's his pace which lets him down at left back, but if he's facing the ball he doesn't take any prisoners.

Amazing how much stick Dawson, Fox and Pelupessy get while the likes of Abdi continue to get a free ride.

Are you actually being serious?!?

• Haha 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
13 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Time to reinstate Big Adthe as the focal point to the attack.

João looks more dangerous out wide than in the centre. Reach and João will both get up and support Adthe.

Fletcher, Mattias and Fernando will change things up if necessary.

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/5bcb15f

lineup (2).png

Erm Matias is injured

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

7 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Wildsmith

Baker, Hector, hutch, Penney

Joey

Reach onomah bannan

Joao Dave

Were rubbish vs boro so shake it up, no favourites, games won and lost in midfield so must be that 3

why drop dawson. That would do his confidence a world of good dropping him for 2 mistakes made by other players.

5 hours ago, Box_Man said:

Westwood

Palmer.       Hutchinson.        Hector.       Thorniley 

Onomah.        Pelupessy.      Bannan

Joao.           Fletcher.         Reach

I’d have Dawson, Pudil, Boyd, Jones, Winnall, Abdi, Nuhiu on the bench.

Give Lees/Penney midweek off tell them to come back and put a performance in against Brum 

While we have experienced pros let’s at least get them in the match day squad.

cant see the 3rd choice keeper making an appearance

Dawson

Thorniley

Pudil

Lees

Hector

Palmer

Onamah

Bannan

Reach

Joao

Nuhiu

Pudils legs have had a few weeks rest so bring him in and move Thorniley left. Penney as a lot of young players do when they break in to the team looks like he needs a break.

Bring The more creative Onomah in for Joey, to try to get things moving in midfield.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scram said:

Appreciate that you once probably cleaned Wilf Rostrons boots, so you have an affinity with all things Watford, but Abdi has started 16 games of football since he joined in July 2016. Based on the reported £4m fee and £25k per week wage, that equates to around  £438,000 per game. In simple terms, Abdi has cost the club around 4,500 3 year season tickets in the South Stand. I'm not convinced that represents value. 

So, one mans unfortunate is another mans 'free ride', and when people fork out fortunes for tickets, you can probably understand the frustration. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Dawson

Hutchinson Hector Pudil

Baker Pelupessy Bannan Thornilly

Reach

Joa.          Nuhiu

Shakeup needed at the back because Jos insists on playing out from defence.

8 hours ago, scram said:

Deadly serious. Let's consider the players who start each week are the ones who have looked after themselves and put the time in to get in the first team, week in week out.

What the **** has Abdi being doing since he joined Wednesday? **** All.

And yet Dawson, Pelupessy, Fox, Nuhiu and João all get slated for putting the effort in to get into the starting line up.

Abdi isn't the only villan either.

1 hour ago, NYowl said:

Dawson

Thorniley

Pudil

Lees

Hector

Palmer

Onamah

Bannan

Reach

Joao

Nuhiu

Pudils legs have had a few weeks rest so bring him in and move Thorniley left. Penney as a lot of young players do when they break in to the team looks like he needs a break.

Bring The more creative Onomah in for Joey, to try to get things moving in midfield.

I think we might get overrun in midfield when we don't have the ball with that line up. You need players like Pelupessy or Hector in centre mid to stop the opposition when we don't have the ball.

There again we could win 4-3

lol

I agree that Pudil should return mid week.

Apologies if mentioned already, but ...

Shteve McClaren seems to have dreamt up a corner routine similar to the one L**ds used in the 70s

Five players crowding the six yard box with all those defenders - paid off with both goals yesterday

First one, the goalie flaps it into his own net, second one led to a pen

55 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Hector is good enough to play centre mid, and better than Sam Hutchinson.

He was playing centre mid against Middlesbrough

Just shows how fans see the game differently. 

Hector played CB against Middlesbrough, but with the licence to step into midfield when needed. As did the other CBs at times. 

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Just shows how fans see the game differently. 

Hector played CB against Middlesbrough, but with the licence to step into midfield when needed. As did the other CBs at times. 

Interesting, way of seeing it. Either third centre back stepping into midfield or a defensive midfielder, he played well against Middlesbrough.

The problem for me is we need both, so I'd be stuck between picking him in as CB or CM, especially with what's happened at the back in the last game.

You can't let other teams win the midfield battle, that's where all this pressure and sitting back is coming from.