Dawson

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Even the daisy cutters I was expecting him to fumble, that’s how bad he played 

what’s this obsession with throwing himself over the ball, even with the tame shots. How about get up quickly and think about releasing it!

No issues with that against a side like Leeds

We got a good point tonight

Cammy saved loads 

No errors that were costly

BACK DAWSON - HES OUR MAN

Owlstalk Shop

Shame I thought he was below par tonight. 

Strange he dealt with and held the tougher balls that fizzed and bounced just in front of him (compliments for that), but hashed what I’d say much simpler catches and punches.

Young keeper and will learn. 

As for playing from the back it’s obvious those are his instructions, but I’d like to see him take responsibility and not do it as often when it’s clearly not working vs a good high pressing team. 

Dawson had the best stats one game ago.

It is clear he has some flaws with dealing with the crosses but Leeds were rampant tonight.

The whole back line should be congratulated for getting us a point.

FOr me, the inclusion of FF completely changed our shape and again we have the question where do we play him?

We were pretty toothless all night but for a wonder goal from reach

a 1 in a 1000 effort

I thought he did well. Yes there were occasions when he was a little indecisive but he’s a young keeper who has been thrown in to the first team.

His handling was superb. The shots coming at him low are a lot more difficult to deal with than they look. I think some people take it for granted. 

The lads done well in my opinion. He will improve more and more with age and naturally become more commanding.

5 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Even the daisy cutters I was expecting him to fumble, that’s how bad he played 

what’s this obsession with throwing himself over the ball, even with the tame shots. How about get up quickly and think about releasing it!

As a keeper you’re taught to do that as repetition so you keep hold of it. All about body position, means you don’t spil it. Those are genuinely the hardest to keep hold of as it can bounce easily off your body and forearms.

Edited by jonesy87shef