Dawson

3 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Nope, but but saying it in your previous post the way you did made out to be a great positive. When in reality he wasn’t tested.

I like a lot about Dawson, but his overall game wasn’t at it tonight.

My point is "Is he the third best at the club?"

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Nobody's blaming Dawson.

It's the bloke who prefers him to probably the best keeper in this division who's in the hotseat.

We're gonna have to do better against the Blades.

People round me were indeed blaming Dawson, they’ll be slagging penny off next week no doubt, they’re young inexperienced lads who will make mistakes and have bad games like most players do.

32 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Dawson had the best stats one game ago.

It is clear he has some flaws with dealing with the crosses but Leeds were rampant tonight.

The whole back line should be congratulated for getting us a point.

FOr me, the inclusion of FF completely changed our shape and again we have the question where do we play him?

We were pretty toothless all night but for a wonder goal from reach

a 1 in a 1000 effort

FF worked his socks off, the problem tonight was midfield. There was a lack of creativity and most of the time they sat too deep allowing Leeds to control the game, especially second half. Our forwards got no service at all

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think Wednesday fans are REALLY REALLY struggling with the ‘there are no favourites’ ethos from Jos 

He may not have favourites, but there are certainly those he doesn't favour.

Or perhaps can't now favour, due to promises prematurely made ...

2 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Well my personal opinion is that Westwood is clearly better, but he ain’t gonna play. 

Personally I prefer him over Wildsmith too. Mentioned it in plenty of other threads so I don’t fancy explaining why lol 

Imagine if he drops one against the Blades ...

Like Hog Staton said, rightly "When you don't play your best players in a given position, and errors are committed, questions will be asked..."

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That pretty much nails it that it’s serious then surely at which point we should always back the club

We should definitely be backing the lad, who's in for Westwood. He knows Westwood is better and he's going to get compared.

That alone must be hard for him, that's before you consider being a young keeper at the very start of his career.

Edited by Maddogbob

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

FF worked his socks off, the problem tonight was midfield. There was a lack of creativity and most of the time they sat too deep allowing Leeds to control the game, especially second half. Our forwards got no service at all

I'm not saying he didn't work his socks off, just saying that I thought he was ineffective whilst working his socks off.

He probably tries to do too much and we lose our shape as a result. It isn't clear what his role is, whereas it has been with numerous other forward lines this season,

A defence that doesn’t fully trust the keeper makes rash decisions; booting it anywhere, loosing the ball, panicking, etc. 

I thought his decision making, distribution, and ability to deal with crosses was average at best. But it’s only one game. 

Confidence is key for keepers. 

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

A defence that doesn’t fully trust the keeper makes rash decisions; booting it anywhere, loosing the ball, panicking, etc. 

I thought his decision making, distribution, and ability to deal with crosses was average at best. But it’s only one game. 

Confidence is key for keepers. 

True

At least we have the fanbase backing this young upcoming newcomer

Oh hang on.....

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Imagine if he drops one against the Blades ...

Like Hog Staton said, rightly "When you don't play your best players in a given position, and errors are committed, questions will be asked..."

True. I remember Kenny making mistakes for United against us though. 

I suppose the younger lads will be more prone to errors than Westwood though. Although due to lack of match practice keepers can be very rusty with decision making.

I’ll try to put a positive spin on it and say you never know, he could be a match winner for us against them.