Leeds fan in peace

Cjay

16 hours ago, SiJ said:

There is nothing wrong with playing long balls...and I thought you used the long ball quite effectively on Friday night. 

From what I could tell, you were trying to exploit the fact we had quite young, inexperienced fullbacks, by playing the longball for the likes of Ayling to win flick-ons and knockdowns. 

It worked quite well and caused us quite a few problems in the first half. 

There isnt no, just felt it was an oversimplification and did Bielsa a disservice.

We do use the long ball to exploit the overload in the wide areas i agree. 

Worked well 1st half when your wingers wernt tracking there full back properly and left your full backs with a 2v1, especially down the right with Ayling as you say.

Was less used 2nd half imo as you dropped off and tired, meant we could use shorter passes and movement.

Thought you coped reasonably well 1st half tbf 

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

There isnt no, just felt it was an oversimplification and did Bielsa a disservice.

Worked well 1st half when your wingers wernt tracking there full back properly and left your full backs with a 2v1, especially down the right with Ayling as you say.

Was less used 2nd half imo as you dropped off and tired, meant we could use shorter passes and movement.

2 wins in 8 isn't great form. I reckon you're being found out. 

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

First it was 'Bielsa wont be there in November'. Then it was 'they'll burn out', and now it's 'you're being found out'. :rolleyes:

We'll be ok, West Brom and Boro are yet to be found out or burn out. When they do, we'll take advantage and win the league.

Difference is that every season you do have a track record of falling apart or getting found out whatever you want to call it.

We seem to have a record of slow starting but never being quite good enough despite a stronger finish than start.

Maybe one of us or both will add that consistency for a full season in the not too distant future.

Whilst I don't have any empathy with you dirty lot, this league is better with us as two decent clubs in it and no doubt the higher one would too.

1 hour ago, VidukasBox said:

First it was 'Bielsa wont be there in November'. Then it was 'they'll burn out', and now it's 'you're being found out'. :rolleyes:

We'll be ok, West Brom and Boro are yet to be found out or burn out. When they do, we'll take advantage and win the league.

It's not November yet, and it's nearly out just flickering now.

10th, current form = found out.lol

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

No i dont agree, we are creating chances and not taking them.

If anything its the loss of key players and not having the depth to replace with equal quality imo. 

Build up is still there, just the final moment thats lacking.

Not worried. 

17 minutes ago, Cjay said:

No i dont agree, we are creating chances and not taking them.

If anything its the loss of key players and not having the depth to replace with equal quality imo. 

Build up is still there, just the final moment thats lacking.

Not worried. 

Missing Roofe. That guy who was up top couldn't finish his lunch. That sort of depth is going to be an issue especially with the Bielsa factor come mid season. 

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

If they boss games like they did against us and many other teams from what I have  seen this season, they will win the majority of those games.

i agree there is already signs teams are learning how to cope/play them.  

As much as I hate to admit it, they remind me of how the pigs play, unfortunately I think both Leeds and the trotters will be around the promotion mix at the end of the season.

I would love us to play a high pressing high intensity game instead of the disjointed way we do, I find it hard to identify our game plan TBH.

We are too reliant on individuals pulling something out of the hat  I’m afraid.    

This passing out from the back is not for us with the players we have, we invite pressure on and have been very fortunate to have accrued the points we have, not that I’m moaning about the points tally it’s a much better return than I expected.

Edited by Bark1062
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cjay said:

Arrogance and patronising isn't something you would associate from a scummy  Leeds fan, is it. 

10 hours ago, Cjay said:

We didn't do too bad second half either considering we were up against Barcelona and Man City combined.

• Haha 1