Leeds fan in peace

Cjay

11 minutes ago, Daz said:

Bingo. We sit back far too much and let teams have too much space to play. It's costing us goal after goal with the quality that teams have in this league. Contrast that to Leeds, who got in our faces and hunted in packs, forcing us to make errors and give the ball away time after time. We hardly strung 2 passes together in that abysmal second half and it was robbery that we came away with a point. Jos and the players have to address this if we are to have any designs on challenging for anything other than a mid-table place.

I honestly would love us to play like Leeds did the other night. They worked their socks off to deny us any space to play and were dangerous every time they went forward.

The way they played Friday night the scrubbers reminded me of us in CC's first season. Closing down quickly, hunting in packs and quick short passing, and always an eye for an opportunity to shoot.

19 minutes ago, Daz said:

Bingo. We sit back far too much and let teams have too much space to play. It's costing us goal after goal with the quality that teams have in this league. Contrast that to Leeds, who got in our faces and hunted in packs, forcing us to make errors and give the ball away time after time. We hardly strung 2 passes together in that abysmal second half and it was robbery that we came away with a point. Jos and the players have to address this if we are to have any designs on challenging for anything other than a mid-table place.

I honestly would love us to play like Leeds did the other night. They worked their socks off to deny us any space to play and were dangerous every time they went forward.

Spot on. We sat back, isolated our forwards and invited the pressure on our back 9

On 27/09/2018 at 12:47, Cjay said:

Hello Owls fans.:biggrin:

Started doing this last season, i visit other Championship clubs forums and get there thoughts on a few things.

Then post it back on our forum for those who want to read it.

Just basic stuff, thoughts on your manager, squad, start to the season, how you see the season panning out and finally the game tomorrow. :wub:

Any responses greatly appreciated. 

Thought Id let the dust settle now the match is well and truly over. I'm now convinced you are from the Neandathal era. Those so called supporters on the lep nearest the south stsand hardly watched the game and were constantly trying to rattle the Wednesday fans. It really is a pity that all your parents were not  made aware of birth control. People describe you (Leeds fans) as animals which is so unkind to those creatures. You are vile human specimens. I hope you really do appreciate my response. 

52 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Thought Id let the dust settle now the match is well and truly over. I'm now convinced you are from the Neandathal era. Those so called supporters on the lep nearest the south stsand hardly watched the game and were constantly trying to rattle the Wednesday fans. It really is a pity that all your parents were not  made aware of birth control. People describe you (Leeds fans) as animals which is so unkind to those creatures. You are vile human specimens. I hope you really do appreciate my response. 

I think you need to come out of your shell more and say what you really think tbh.

• Haha 3

Just watched the match again and can't understand all the comments about great passing football from Leeds.

They have a tendency to knock it across the back line or a short ball to midfield then a long ball down the outside channels.

High pressing and energy are the only two real attributes. I would be very surprised if they are in the automatic spots come the end of the season.

36 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Just watched the match again and can't understand all the comments about great passing football from Leeds.

They have a tendency to knock it across the back line or a short ball to midfield then a long ball down the outside channels.

High pressing and energy are the only two real attributes. I would be very surprised if they are in the automatic spots come the end of the season.

I can say with absolute confidence a few things.

1) we will be bottom 3 for long balls in the league.

2) we play more short passes then anyone else and retain possession better then anyone. 

3) we create more shooting chances then anyone else and our shooting is pretty accurate.

4) pass percentage wise we will be bottom for long balls.

5) despite having much more of the ball and playing far more passes then you i am 90% sure you will have played more long passes then us.

Our goal for example was a 12 13 pass move with no long pass in it. 

Bielsa Ball isnt just "knock it across the back line or a short ball to midfield then a long ball down the outside channels". 

A lot of our play is down the channels i agree, but it is very rarely long compared to how often it is short and incisive passes.

Thanks for the response 

3 hours ago, LittleG said:

Spot on. We sat back, isolated our forwards and invited the pressure on our back 9

Just like against Foresr, we sat far to deep, invited their CB's in our half, and let them pass the ball without puting them under any kind of pressure.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cjay said:

2) we play more short passes then anyone else and retain possession better then anyone. 

3) we create more shooting chances then anyone else and our shooting is pretty accurate.

5) despite having much more of the ball and playing far more passes then you i am 90% sure you will have played more long passes then us.

Bielsa Ball isnt just "knock it across the back line or a short ball to midfield then a long ball down the outside channels". 

A lot of our play is down the channels i agree, but it is very rarely long compared to how often it is short and incisive passes.

Thanks for the response 

There is nothing wrong with playing long balls...and I thought you used the long ball quite effectively on Friday night. 

From what I could tell, you were trying to exploit the fact we had quite young, inexperienced fullbacks, by playing the longball for the likes of Ayling to win flick-ons and knockdowns. 

It worked quite well and caused us quite a few problems in the first half. 

Edited by SiJ

Leeds played well but their performance was way out of sync with the level of bumming that the press have been giving their performances. You could have been forgiven for expecting Guardiola era Barcelona but really it’s just typical top end Championship stuff. I guess they love a story.

1 hour ago, Owlinmad said:

Agree with this. Long ball into the channel with full backs overlapping.  It’s effective but not enough to get an automatic spot, as we found in the first 2 CC seasons. I don’t know why Jaoa or Matias didn’t start to exploit the holes created every time they attacked. The way our midfield played i’m not sure we would have made the pass anyway, but I see them taking some hammerings in the second half of the season. It’s always fun watching the scum fall apart again!  

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

That’s weird because the ones on the north stand side were exactly the same. Didn’t appear interested in the game only in antagonising the wednesday fans. They really are a very strange bunch of people. 

On 29 September 2018 at 16:28, Cjay said:

I cant comment really.

Im not a local so i dont get to mingle with our fans as much as i would like. 

Whenever i have they always were very good people.

It has been mentioned by some of our season ticket holders online that away from home, there is an influx of "fans" who dont seem to turn up that often but when they do it is to cause a fracas. But really without being there, or seeing it, i cant condemn our fans, it wouldnt be fair on my part and can only really go on what i read. 

Theres no reason to cause damage or intimidate members of the public of course, and its sad that that has happened, just dont think all our fans should be judged the same as those who are responsible.. 

I dont think the majority of our fans condone football violence, that isnt the impression i have gotten. As i say i do these threads a lot, a few weeks ago i was going to go on the Millwall forum, but before i signed up i had a read, and all the talk from the majority of posters was about there "firms" and having a fight and whatever.

You wont find that on a Leeds forum. 

Because the neandatharl's can't read and write, that's why. 

That's why they supports Leeds. It's easier to recognise. Not many letters 

On 29 September 2018 at 18:31, vulva said:

You won't finish top 2, but enjoy the ride. It was only last week that Birmingham bummed you. You'll run out of steam, the foot draggers in the stands will get restless and true to form Bielsas toys will come of the pram. 

And playing better than us is nothing to write home about. We are average this season. 

As for cute, coming on an oppositions forum is cute. Very. Stick to attacking trams. You're good at that. Reight hard. 

WALKING HOME TOGETHER!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cjay said:

Thanks for the response 

I can't agree with most of that, but that's what opinions are for.