Leeds fan in peace

Cjay

46 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Firstly you come across as a decent sort. Yes we have some proper idiots but its a very small minority. 

Every time your team come to Hillsborough we are left with extensive damage in the toilets and to the seats in the west stand as well as the damage to several trams last night. My impression is its not just a few. I worked in Leeds for a number of years and was left a very bad impression of your general support who would always condone football violence as though it was an accepted thing.

I cant comment really.

Im not a local so i dont get to mingle with our fans as much as i would like. 

Whenever i have they always were very good people.

It has been mentioned by some of our season ticket holders online that away from home, there is an influx of "fans" who dont seem to turn up that often but when they do it is to cause a fracas. But really without being there, or seeing it, i cant condemn our fans, it wouldnt be fair on my part and can only really go on what i read. 

Theres no reason to cause damage or intimidate members of the public of course, and its sad that that has happened, just dont think all our fans should be judged the same as those who are responsible.. 

I dont think the majority of our fans condone football violence, that isnt the impression i have gotten. As i say i do these threads a lot, a few weeks ago i was going to go on the Millwall forum, but before i signed up i had a read, and all the talk from the majority of posters was about there "firms" and having a fight and whatever.

You wont find that on a Leeds forum. 

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

You cant just lump "the vast majority" of our fans together. 

Your club has had its fair share of unsavoury incidents itself. 

You had a group of fans locked up for a vicious attack on our fans on a train a few years back did you not?

Incidents vs QPR, Millwall, Burnley, Derby, Newcastle and even between yourselves last season.

That doesnt mean all Wednesday fans are mindless thugs does it? Course not.

99% of Leeds fans are good people going to watch a game of football like most football fans, they want to watch the game, and return home safely like all fans should.

I don't really see Leeds as a rivalry, but hand on heart I've only ever met/spoken to 2 decent Leeds fans and I've met a fair few, that + your behaviour at Hillsborough makes me conclude that you've got the most Neanderthals in your fan base out of any club in England.

48 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Last night Leeds looked stronger and quicker, but if we were still playing now it would be 1-1. Neither side looked like they had they personnel to play it out effectively from the back and against better teams would have been punished. 

Unless they strengthen in January the play offs is a realistic target. Dwight Gayle's goals will take the Baggies up and Pulis will ensure Boro have plenty of 1-0 wins. 

Teams  that do well tend to win when they play badly and put teams away when they're on top. Nothing is won in September, but your dropped points will hold you back in May.

I can see why the fans love Pontus, he's a thug in a football shirt.

Respect your opinion but i do disagree on this.

I think we looked very comfortable playing out from the back, some of our passing was superb, probably only Brentford would be able to match us for that. We were wasteful, and that is soemthing that concerns me and has cost us in atleast 3 games now, you, Millwall and Birmingham. 

I agree on the teams that do well tend to win when they play badly, but also teams that win promotion do well away from home, as we are. As i say, dont expect[promotion, but at this moment on a footballing basis, i think we are the best side in the league, just lacking a bit of quality in the vital areas, something that i hope we can fix when we get 3 of our best attackers back plus Izzy Brown. 

Nothing is decided in September as you say, nothing is won, but im very happy with our form this season so far. 

50 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Hard luck stories are the fundamental reasons why some clubs miss out on promotion.

We were poor, we usually have a good un, then a bad un...yet leeds could not score except for a cracker...that maybe, on another day would have been saved

leeds will not finish in the top 6, no chance. 8th at best.

We have more chance of being top 6, come May.

We will see

You could not score except for a cracker either, and created even fewer chances?

I try to be respectful and fair on these, but how you can come to the conclusion you have a better chance of the top 6 then us i dont know. 

6 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Respect your opinion but i do disagree on this.

I think we looked very comfortable playing out from the back, some of our passing was superb, probably only Brentford would be able to match us for that. We were wasteful, and that is soemthing that concerns me and has cost us in atleast 3 games now, you, Millwall and Birmingham. 

I agree on the teams that do well tend to win when they play badly, but also teams that win promotion do well away from home, as we are. As i say, dont expect[promotion, but at this moment on a footballing basis, i think we are the best side in the league, just lacking a bit of quality in the vital areas, something that i hope we can fix when we get 3 of our best attackers back plus Izzy Brown. 

Nothing is decided in September as you say, nothing is won, but im very happy with our form this season so far. 

How can you say you're the best side in the league. How ? We're less than a quarter of the way through it. Not sure whether that's arrogance or blinkers. 

Your passing out from the back last night was poor. Best of luck.

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

How can you say you're the best side in the league. How ? We're less than a quarter of the way through it. Not sure whether that's arrogance or blinkers. 

Based on results up to yesterday Leeds were thr best team in the divison as they were top. Whether thats still the case at season end we will see.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Because right now i think we are, whether that remains the case for the entire season i dont know, its not arrogance, its an opinion.

We give away the 2nd least scoring chances

We have the 3rd best defence.

2nd best attack.

the best goal difference.

the only unbeaten away side left.

We are currently 2nd to West Brom, an own goal helped them get a 3-2 win, thems the breaks, we didnt have that luck yesterday, they did, fair enough. 

Our passing out from the back last night wasnt poor, others have praised our passing, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Goodluck for the rest of the season. 

Edited by Cjay

42 minutes ago, Cjay said:

You could not score except for a cracker either, and created even fewer chances?

I try to be respectful and fair on these, but how you can come to the conclusion you have a better chance of the top 6 then us i dont know. 

Cos we can get a point playing poor, in fact we were absolute rank poor...yet you couldn't beat us.

You are in denial, leeds are in lower mid table form. It isn't a blip.

Can't condone the violence, most clubs have 'm, we know we have, its also an inescapable fact that leeds have more than most, doesn't make me "hate" Leeds...I view the leeds game as most others, a bit more spicy cos its Yorkshire and they mostly bring a big following, its hardly the Steel city derby, which is the only game i get really nervous about.

Ive met a few leeds fans, none of them hooligans, most of them grounded apart from the blind loyalty you get at most clubs.

It was a decent atmosphere at Hillsborough last night, and apart from the regrettable trouble outside...It beats the f.ook outta a minibus full of Ipswich fans trottin' up..no offense

They should have won last night, but that happens, how many times have we come away with nowt when we should have won?..Its football...Defending is as much an art as attacking isn't it...Wednesday defended well last night...Our problem was moving it OUT of defence...Too slow...too disorganised..The actual "defending" was pretty good, bearing i mind we had two young players and Hector who had hardly played before.

I thought leeds played it out of defence so much faster, so much more controlled than we did, it was bound to put pressure on...but we got the point..

Baker, Penney and Hector will get better, Dawson will hopefully get rid quicker when there is a break on....I reckon it was a good point, no doubt Leeds fans will think it 2 points chucked away...

Good game last night I thought...it was hardly "humdrum" was it?

and surely you have to give leeds a bit of credit for that as well?

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Can't condone the violence, most clubs have 'm, we know we have, its also an inescapable fact that leeds have more than most, doesn't make me "hate" Leeds...I view the leeds game as most others, a bit more spicy cos its Yorkshire and they mostly bring a big following, its hardly the Steel city derby, which is the only game i get really nervous about.

Ive met a few leeds fans, none of them hooligans, most of them grounded apart from the blind loyalty you get at most clubs.

It was a decent atmosphere at Hillsborough last night, and apart from the regrettable trouble outside...It beats the f.ook outta a minibus full of Ipswich fans trottin' up..no offense

They should have won last night, but that happens, how many times have we come away with nowt when we should have won?..Its football...Defending is as much an art as attacking isn't it...Wednesday defended well last night...Our problem was moving it OUT of defence...Too slow...too disorganised..The actual "defending" was pretty good, bearing i mind we had two young players and Hector who had hardly played before.

I thought leeds played it out of defence so much faster, so much more controlled than we did, it was bound to put pressure on...but we got the point..

Baker, Penney and Hector will get better, Dawson will hopefully get rid quicker when there is a break on....I reckon it was a good point, no doubt Leeds fans will think it 2 points chucked away...

Good game last night I thought...it was hardly "humdrum" was it?

and surely you have to give leeds a bit of credit for that as well?

F - off Asteener.

Agree completely though. lol

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

I see Leeds as a playoff team and the type that loses in the playoffs. The method teams, with bigger more powerful squads like West Brom and Boro will finish top 2. 

Good job your opinion has absolutely no bearing on football results then, isn't it?

The desperation for the burn out narrative to come true, and for Boro and WBA to sweep the league (really not sure what that's based on either, really) is very cute though.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Cos we can get a point playing poor, in fact we were absolute rank poor...yet you couldn't beat us.

You are in denial, leeds are in lower mid table form. It isn't a blip.

You got totally outplayed 2nd half by a team missing 4 of its best attacking players, in your own ground.

Cant understand how from that match you think you have a better chance of top 6.

If I'm in denial then so are you.

The gulf in class 2nd half was massive, yes we should have won and didnt but at no point 2nd half did it look like you, the home side, would win either.

Edited by Cjay

17 minutes ago, VidukasBox said:

Good job your opinion has absolutely no bearing on football results then, isn't it?

The desperation for the burn out narrative to come true, and for Boro and WBA to sweep the league (really not sure what that's based on either, really) is very cute though.

You won't finish top 2, but enjoy the ride. It was only last week that Birmingham bummed you. You'll run out of steam, the foot draggers in the stands will get restless and true to form Bielsas toys will come of the pram. 

And playing better than us is nothing to write home about. We are average this season. 

As for cute, coming on an oppositions forum is cute. Very. Stick to attacking trams. You're good at that. Reight hard. 

1 minute ago, Cjay said:

You got totally outplayed 2nd half by a team missing 4 of its best attacking players, in your own ground.

Cant understand how from that match you think you have a better chance of top 6.

If I'm in denial then so are you.

We won't finish top 6. We've all on to finish top 12. We've beaten a couple of tripe sides, and a few on here have got carried away. Come to me for the sensible view. 

Reading this thread, it seems the Leeds fans posting are guys you’d happily chat with in a pub and argue about the merit of both sides, so fair play to them. I have a few mates who are Leeds fans and none are trouble-makers, but it’s fair to say every club has some.  

At present Leeds are a much better side than us and for me look capable of top 2, though there’s a long way to go.  I’m impressed that somehow a very similar team to last season look far fitter, far hungrier and really looked up fir the match.  They closed us down all over the pitch, something we just don’t do. We let teams play it out from the back and sometimes try to nick it.  Early on they overran us down the flanks because Reach and Fessi didn’t get back in time leaving the Penney and Baker with 2 on 1.  Jos changed it to 4-4-2 and I’d say we were even worse using that system, we failed to get our best players involved in the game and it was a stark contract to the Villa game.

i hope Leeds don’t go up, but they have a far better chance than us in my opinion.