Leeds fan in peace

Cjay

Hello Owls fans.:biggrin:

Started doing this last season, i visit other Championship clubs forums and get there thoughts on a few things.

Then post it back on our forum for those who want to read it.

Just basic stuff, thoughts on your manager, squad, start to the season, how you see the season panning out and finally the game tomorrow. :wub:

Any responses greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

General consensus on the manager is that he's doing the job he's been brought in to do. Keep us in the league, make us competitive whilst we ride through this period of financial difficulty. He's also dropped some very big players (forestieri and Westwood) but seems to have the fans backing due to our current points tally. The squad is pretty good although we're weak in defence and lack natural width and pace. Performances have varied week by week, sometimes we look solid and strong, other weeks we look like the game passes us by and we could concede at any minute. I think most fans expect a top half finish and are more hopeful than expectant of a top 6 finish. As for the game tomorrow it really depends on which Wednesday turn up, if its the one that played Villa last weekend I'm confident of a win, if not we'll likely lose - hard to guess really!

Any thoughts to share on Leeds? 

3 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Hello Owls fans.:biggrin:

Started doing this last season, i visit other Championship clubs forums and get there thoughts on a few things.

Then post it back on our forum for those who want to read it.

Just basic stuff, thoughts on your manager, squad, start to the season, how you see the season panning out and finally the game tomorrow. :wub:

Any responses greatly appreciated. 

I always enjoy playing Leeds home and away. Always competitive matches.

Last season at Leeds was a excellent win. The journey home was a night mare a blizzard all the way back to Sheffield..

Will we win on Friday? 

YES,

That game at ours last season was the only game ever I have left early . Wind was whipping up the snow so even though we were under cover we were covered in snow - Taxi drivers wanted £30 for fare back into Leeds .    Ended up walking to Holbeck and flagging one down . Got stuck then in Dewsbury railway station until midnight and had to walk 3 miles home . Great day :sad:

• Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

General consensus on the manager is that he's doing the job he's been brought in to do. Keep us in the league, make us competitive whilst we ride through this period of financial difficulty. He's also dropped some very big players (forestieri and Westwood) but seems to have the fans backing due to our current points tally. The squad is pretty good although we're weak in defence and lack natural width and pace. Performances have varied week by week, sometimes we look solid and strong, other weeks we look like the game passes us by and we could concede at any minute. I think most fans expect a top half finish and are more hopeful than expectant of a top 6 finish. As for the game tomorrow it really depends on which Wednesday turn up, if its the one that played Villa last weekend I'm confident of a win, if not we'll likely lose - hard to guess really!

Any thoughts to share on Leeds? 

Very insightful, thanks.

I thought Westwood was injured? Why wouldnt you play one of the best keepers in the league if you could. 

Us erm.

We have struggled a bit results wise in recent games, at times defensively we look very suspect if pressed and forced to kick it long as we lack height up top. Also we are vulnerable to a quick break down the sides because the full backs press on so much, often leaves a lot of space and a forward willing to run the channels could find himself in a ton of space or he could create a huge gap by pulling a defender wide to cover. That being said, our press is very effective, we have made the most blocks from passes in the league, we have conceded the 2nd least shooting chances per game after Brentford, we like teams that attack us, which i expect you will being the home side. 

Despite concerns about our defence if pressed, if allowed to set we are very hard to break down and very good at winning the ball back deep and breaking with pace. I dont think any Leeds fan hand on heart really expects promotion, we hope of course, and the start has given us hope, and we love the manager, but we already are seeing the thin nature of our squad and its not even October.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I always enjoy playing Leeds home and away. Always competitive matches.

Last season at Leeds was a excellent win. The journey home was a night mare a blizzard all the way back to Sheffield..

Will we win on Friday? 

YES,

Wednesday is one of the games i look forward to tbh.

Proper games.

Proper teams (dont have to like eachother to say that) :biggrin:

Proper fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depends which teams turn up on the night Cjay, one of us always seems to have a 'mare in this game...Simply hope its your lot again this time.

Wednesday can be a little Jekyll and hyde at times, but if our better players are on it, we are well capable, i presume you think the same about your lads

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Very insightful, thanks.

I thought Westwood was injured? Why wouldnt you play one of the best keepers in the league if you could. 

Us erm.

We have struggled a bit results wise in recent games, at times defensively we look very suspect if pressed and forced to kick it long as we lack height up top. Also we are vulnerable to a quick break down the sides because the full backs press on so much, often leaves a lot of space and a forward willing to run the channels could find himself in a ton of space or he could create a huge gap by pulling a defender wide to cover. That being said, our press is very effective, we have made the most blocks from passes in the league, we have conceded the 2nd least shooting chances per game after Brentford, we like teams that attack us, which i expect you will being the home side. 

Despite concerns about our defence if pressed, if allowed to set we are very hard to break down and very good at winning the ball back deep and breaking with pace. I dont think any Leeds fan hand on heart really expects promotion, we hope of course, and the start has given us hope, and we love the manager, but we already are seeing the thin nature of our squad and its not even October.  

ooohh a c hink in the armour....lol

Edited by asteener1867

2 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Very insightful, thanks.

Us erm.

No doubt SKY will mention your injuries, without even a mention of our injured players, Van Aken, Hutchinson, Lee, Abdi, Hooper and Winnall. Or that Westwood and possibly Palmer are on the naughty step.

35 minutes ago, steveger said:

Cjay,I shall apologise in advance for the unsavoury comments you may receive as there's some reyt nobbers on here sadly, really up themselves as you would see if you viewed the dressing room section, the majority are good people though.

I myself only this morning told certain posters with their heads so firmly rooted up their own rectums to go and f**k themselves...

Welcome to the bizarre world of Owlstalk mate.......

it's like care in the community..

only online..

Its alright mate :biggrin:

Done about 11 of these now, you get used to it :stuwinky:

SOunds like every other forum, some nobbers, mainly not. 

• Haha 2