Leeds fan in peace

Cjay

3 minutes ago, ANDY said:

A few things i noticed....

1.)  Leeds bought twice the numbers that Stoke bought, but only made half the noise Stoke did.

B.) IF we're both in the same league next season, i don't think you'll be getting 4500 tickets

3.) apart from "marching on together" do you sing anything else

I cant speak for the away fans, i wasnt there its not my place mate.

20 minutes ago, Cjay said:

So i always do a summary on these threads (its not a wind up or intended to be just to be clear) 

1st half fairly even i thought, we had much more of the ball but there wasnt a great deal in it, you had the penalty appeal ( not so sure on that, may have been contact, not sure it was enough to send Forestieri sprawling like it did), and you had a shot from your right back i think, well saved by BPF and a couple of half chances for Hector and Fletcher.

We had a few chances, Douglas header, Phillips follow up (well blocked by somebody), the attempted clearance from your defender that could easily have gone in, the Klich shot well saved, and the cross that your gk flapped at and Roberts couldn't quite head over him.

And then near half time Reach smashes a lovely volley in from 35yards, it was a right kick in the balls, but it was just a great goal, nobody to blame, so just had to accept it for what it was. The half ended with our cb smashing one from 30 yards that for a split second looked like the jeeper was going to make a hash off.

2nd half wasnt even at all, one of the most one sided away 2nd half performances ive seen. 

You seemed to drop deeper, allowed our cbs to just stroll forward as far as half way, on the odd occasion you did press it was a solo press that just got passed around.

We pinned you in for the first 10mins of the 2nd half and our goal was thoroughly deserved, lovely goal from Klich. 

From.then on there looked like only being one winner, you tired and we looked faster, fitter and stronger all over the pitch.

Tyler Roberts, Liam Cooper had half chances, Alioski couldn't get his chest control righr or he was through. 

Douglas header across the box that Roberts couldn't quite reach, and a but later Roberts had one well defended on the line.

Finally last kick, well header, Cooper maybe should do better.

I am very frustrated with the point because overall we were better by quite a way. 

Especially 2nd half, there was a gulf betweenyour play and ours, we were slick, fast, intense and purposeful. You looked laboured and happy with a point for the entire 2nd half.

Thought Penney did well, made some good runs and defended well. 

Forestieri was a pest and had brief moments where he shone (but fell over a lot).

Reach for his goal.

I dont know who it was but there were 3 or 4 great blocks in your box, so that was good.

Thought Joao should have started, not Fletcher, pace and the ability to run the channels was what was needed. 

Bannan was poor and the Dutch guy whose name i cant remember hardly touched the ball (19 times apparently ).

Your midfield pair were very poor and didnt do enough imo, Klich bossed them.

Decent point for both of us, but you will probably be much more content then we are.

Fair summary, mainly. But for a side to be so much better and more purposeful you need to create clear cut chances at the end of it. Leeds didn’t, we’re talking about half chances. We didn’t move the ball well enough and didn’t clear our lines which put ourselves under huge pressure and I think if we do the same on Wednesday against WBA we will get hammered. For all your dominance on the ball we still managed a couple of breakaway chances.  

I think we have a fair amount of inexperienced players and it is showing whether it’s a clearance or that key pass to open a defence and they are the fine margins.

Edited by Bluesteel

43 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Well played last night. If I’m being honest, whilst painful, you completely dominated the game and should’ve won by a few.

Thanks.

Correct but tbf you blocked well, there was a number of good blocks in your box.

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Fair summary, mainly. But for a side to be so much better and more purposeful you need to create clear cut chances at the end of it. Leeds didn’t, we’re talking about half chances. We didn’t move the ball well enough and didn’t clear our lines which put ourselves under huge pressure and I think if we do the same on Wednesday against WBA we will get hammered. For all your dominance on the ball we still managed a couple of breakaway chances.  

I think we have a fair amount of inexperienced players and it is showing whether it’s a clearance or that key pass to open a defence and they are the fine margins.

We just wernt clinical imo.

Douglas should have scored, especially the header from the right side that he made a hash off, the other header well saved. 

Fair point about West Brom, but i would argue as a football side we are better imo, do think our all round play is better just we arent clinical enough.

However we are missing pur best attacking player in Pablo Hernandez.

Our top scorer in Kemar Roofe and another proven goalscorer in Patrick Bamford.

Plus we have Izzy Brown to come in when fit.

4 attacking players probably superior to our attacking options yesterday.

You have the makings of a good side, can see why you have been in good form.

But think your managee got his tactics wrong tbh, Fletcher shouldn't have played, why persevere with passing out from the back?

Best way to beat a high press is a ball into the channels, unfortunately Fletcher just isn't the sort of player to make use of that.

Bannan was poor, i wonder if you are to reliant on him?

And why is Westwood not playing and biscuit wrists is?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Thought first half was fairly even but we ran out steam last 25minutes and Leeds got on top. Neither side has that extra touch of quality in the centre if the park. Oh for John Sheridan who played for both sides.

We do have a player with the quality to control the game.

Pablo Hernandez.

He was a huge miss as was Roofe and Bamford.

Was very pleased Bannan was nullified so well, he can control things if allowed.

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

We just wernt clinical imo.

Douglas should have scored, especially the header from the right side that he made a hash off, the other header well saved. 

Fair point about West Brom, but i would argue as a football side we are better imo, do think our all round play is better just we arent clinical enough.

However we are missing pur best attacking player in Pablo Hernandez.

Our top scorer in Kemar Roofe and another proven goalscorer in Patrick Bamford.

Plus we have Izzy Brown to come in when fit.

4 attacking players probably superior to our attacking options yesterday.

You have the makings of a good side, can see why you have been in good form.

But think your managee got his tactics wrong tbh, Fletcher shouldn't have played, why persevere with passing out from the back?

Best way to beat a high press is a ball into the channels, unfortunately Fletcher just isn't the sort of player to make use of that.

Bannan was poor, i wonder if you are to reliant on him?

And why is Westwood not playing and biscuit wrists is?

Douglas should’ve scored but I think that and the follow up were probably the only clear chances for a supposedly dominant display. Appreciate you have  players coming back, if anything you need a Wood/Fletcher type again for those battling games. Bamford is a fanny.

I think we changed our system a few times during the game and the idea of feeding off a target man has served us well most weeks. We just couldn’t get the runners up and around him this time. Ideally you want FF or Joao further up the pitch. Joao offers pace on the counter and can carry the ball into the channels but it was clear how important it was for players to track and defend last night and it isn’t joaos forte. 

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

They arent.

We have some like all clubs.

Never understood the whole appeal of football violence, or smashing up stuff for no reason.

You are blind and very naive my friend. The vast majority of your fan base are absolute morons and any half decent football fan would not follow a club like Leeds.

33 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

You are blind and very naive my friend. The vast majority of your fan base are absolute morons and any half decent football fan would not follow a club like Leeds.

Absolute nonsense fella . That 8 year old was asking for it .  Been gobbling off all night , could have been the 2kilo bag of haribos but either way he has to learn 

Edited by carl Kennedy
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

You cant just lump "the vast majority" of our fans together. 

Your club has had its fair share of unsavoury incidents itself. 

You had a group of fans locked up for a vicious attack on our fans on a train a few years back did you not?

Incidents vs QPR, Millwall, Burnley, Derby, Newcastle and even between yourselves last season.

That doesnt mean all Wednesday fans are mindless thugs does it? Course not.

99% of Leeds fans are good people going to watch a game of football like most football fans, they want to watch the game, and return home safely like all fans should.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, carl Kennedy said:

Absolute nonsense fella . That 8 year old was asking for it .  Been gobbling off all night , could have been the 2kilo bag of haribos but either way he has to learn 

Ive read the thing about the kid, if true its appalling.

But still not the fault of all Leeds fans everywhere, thats my only point.

1 hour ago, Cjay said:

We do have a player with the quality to control the game.

Pablo Hernandez.

He was a huge miss as was Roofe and Bamford.

Was very pleased Bannan was nullified so well, he can control things if allowed.

Players out we have kieran Lee Hooper Hutchison all out. Last season we had12 first team players out for the majority of the season. Believe me a fit Hutchinson would not allowed you the space you found last night. I agree that Pelepussy went missing and that allowed you to boss the midfield.  In reality though you made very little clear cut openings just various half chances. On the display last night i wouldnt get to carried away if i were you as expectations at hillsborough are not that high this season. 

15 minutes ago, Cjay said:

You cant just lump "the vast majority" of our fans together. 

Your club has had its fair share of unsavoury incidents itself. 

You had a group of fans locked up for a vicious attack on our fans on a train a few years back did you not?

Incidents vs QPR, Millwall, Burnley, Derby, Newcastle and even between yourselves last season.

That doesnt mean all Wednesday fans are mindless thugs does it? Course not.

99% of Leeds fans are good people going to watch a game of football like most football fans, they want to watch the game, and return home safely like all fans should.

Firstly you come across as a decent sort. Yes we have some proper idiots but its a very small minority. 

Every time your team come to Hillsborough we are left with extensive damage in the toilets and to the seats in the west stand as well as the damage to several trams last night. My impression is its not just a few. I worked in Leeds for a number of years and was left a very bad impression of your general support who would always condone football violence as though it was an accepted thing.

Last night Leeds looked stronger and quicker, but if we were still playing now it would be 1-1. Neither side looked like they had they personnel to play it out effectively from the back and against better teams would have been punished. 

Unless they strengthen in January the play offs is a realistic target. Dwight Gayle's goals will take the Baggies up and Pulis will ensure Boro have plenty of 1-0 wins. 

Teams  that do well tend to win when they play badly and put teams away when they're on top. Nothing is won in September, but your dropped points will hold you back in May.

I can see why the fans love Pontus, he's a thug in a football shirt.

Hard luck stories are the fundamental reasons why some clubs miss out on promotion.

We were poor, we usually have a good un, then a bad un...yet leeds could not score except for a cracker...that maybe, on another day would have been saved

leeds will not finish in the top 6, no chance. 8th at best.

We have more chance of being top 6, come May.

We will see

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Douglas should’ve scored but I think that and the follow up were probably the only clear chances for a supposedly dominant display. Appreciate you have  players coming back, if anything you need a Wood/Fletcher type again for those battling games. Bamford is a fanny.

I think we changed our system a few times during the game and the idea of feeding off a target man has served us well most weeks. We just couldn’t get the runners up and around him this time. Ideally you want FF or Joao further up the pitch. Joao offers pace on the counter and can carry the ball into the channels but it was clear how important it was for players to track and defend last night and it isn’t joaos forte. 

Douglas had the best chance of the whole game and Phillips, the Alioski chance was clear cut, just bad control, there was the Douglas header across goal, tap in for Roberts but well defended, another header for Roberts stopped on the line, i suppose it depends what you define as clear , but there were 2 goals denied by last ditch blocks, plus the Klich shot 1st half tipped over. On the one hand credit for the last ditch defending, on the other hand though we should be scoring, thats frustrating. 

Surprised Dave is it, thought he may start, big handful and the ball may have stuck a bit better for you to get the runners forward. 

Your manager swapped Forestieri for Reach at one point to stop Ayling, that was smart on his part. 

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Players out we have kieran Lee Hooper Hutchison all out. Last season we had12 first team players out for the majority of the season. Believe me a fit Hutchinson would not allowed you the space you found last night. I agree that Pelepussy went missing and that allowed you to boss the midfield.  In reality though you made very little clear cut openings just various half chances. On the display last night i wouldnt get to carried away if i were you as expectations at hillsborough are not that high this season. 

Fair point, i think Hutchinson is a really good player and he may have done a better screeing job, but he and Lee are injured so much that them being fit is more noteworthy then them being injured. We will disagree on the chances i think, as mentioned above, yes good defending but atleast 2 were last ditch blocks. 

Not getting carried away mate, trust me, i dont expect promotion, our squad is to thin, but our display away from home after our 1st defeat was very impressive from our point of view.