Villa Highlights from Sky

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Their goal. Nowt anyone can do about that. Unstoppable by any keeper after a decent distance on the clearance. 

Again I'm a critical b@stard... but Baker and arguably moreso Pudil at fault for their goal and made mistakes that shouldn't be made at this level... especially not in succession like that. Two really bad defensive headers. Neither are being challenged yet we get a header looped across our 6 yard box and then the second one from Pudil headed out straight down the middle of the pitch. You've got to head the ball away and wide there, not away and straight down the middle of the pitch to come right back at you. Still... pretty much the only downer on what was a phenomenal performance... and yeah fair enough, it did still take the goal of the season to break our defensive line which sorta tells its own story

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Again I'm a critical b@stard... but Baker and arguably moreso Pudil at fault for their goal and made mistakes that shouldn't be made at this level... especially not in succession like that. Two really bad defensive headers. Neither are being challenged yet we get a header looped across our 6 yard box and then the second one from Pudil headed out straight down the middle of the pitch. You've got to head the ball away and wide there, not away and straight down the middle of the pitch to come right back at you. Still... pretty much the only downer on what was a phenomenal performance... and yeah fair enough, it did still take the goal of the season to break our defensive line which sorta tells its own story

The technique he showed was unreal nowt anyone could do about that 

Some good goals there but 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Blimey..

How about just giving credit where credits due instead of an windy diatribe about our defense - which was a lot better than it has been.

Just now, Earlsfieldowl said:

Some good goals there but 

Blimey..

How about just giving credit where credits due instead of an windy diatribe about our defense - which was a lot better than it has been.

You should read the other four posts I've made where I've waxed lyrical about the team performance 

Just because it was our best performance of the season and arguably in the last few years doesn't mean I'm not going to speak up when I think there are areas we can improve. You can enjoy a win, praise the overall performance and still highlight faults... it's allowed. You can give loads of credit and still point out mistakes.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Tbf I don't think Pudil could do much better than that as there was no pace on that ball at all and he got it 20yards. Bakers was a shocking header but apart from that he had a good game so young uns will make me mistakes and hopefully he learns from it.

29 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Harsh on Baker he had to get something on it a Villa player lurking behind him. Pudil got distance on it and more times than not it would have been further cleared, if anyone was at blame it was Bannan he should have jumped higher.lol  It was a brilliant goal and could well win goal of the season.  

One of those times when you just have to admire it.

(I was kidding about Bannan)

For those watching this for this time thinking their goal was sensational watch it on the football league show tonight I watched a live link I’m pretty sure was from that show and one of the reply angles was from behind their player facing our goal it was absolutely sheer class it actually bends around our defender right into the top bin off the bar how he got it round and there baffles even messy and ronaldo could try it 100 times and not pull it off defiantly a goal of the season contender 

but it we won so Hahahaha