Hooper

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

That

Were talking about a player who hasn't played competitive football for 9months...there will be niggles along the way on the road to regaining fitness, hence the need to play less competitive U23 games. These games are more for seeing how his body and previous injury reacts.

I'm not worried in the slightest. As a player you would have to have an exceptional road to recovery to not come across one or two little niggles.

Its not as though his leg as fallen off, it reads more a precautionary couple of days rest and recovery.

But why does this only happen at Wednesday, though!?

It doesn't, you say?

Oh.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's fairly common for players returning from a lengthy injury layoff to suffer other injuries as they attempt to get back up to speed.

Especially foo.kin Wedneday one's!

• Haha 1

It will be Christmas time before we see any decent use out of Hooper.

Will probably have to play another couple of u23 games now, then there is the next international break.

From previous injuries, it usually takes him out 6 - 8 games to get back to anything even approaching full fitness - Hooper is either fit, or shockingly out of shape for a footballer - there is no in between for him.

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

That

Were talking about a player who hasn't played competitive football for 9months...there will be niggles along the way on the road to regaining fitness, hence the need to play less competitive U23 games. These games are more for seeing how his body and previous injury reacts.

I'm not worried in the slightest. As a player you would have to have an exceptional road to recovery to not come across one or two little niggles.

Its not as though his leg as fallen off, it reads more a precautionary couple of days rest and recovery.

If one of his legs had fallen off we'd have to change his name from Hooper to Hopper :unsure:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

People waiting for him to come back play 30 games and save us from the mess we are in are deluding themselves . Another one all but done 

Agree with you, it's been going on too long now. We have too many class players constantly on the treatment table, we need to sort this out as a club as it's a massive waste of resources. I have pretty much written the likes of Lee, Hooper, Abdi etc out of my mind for the season. 

Guest Bulgaria
3 hours ago, sw1867 said:

Was this in the Villa press conference?

If not, where has this come from?

Only a swfc player would get injured in a press conference.

6 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

That

So the last 9 months are not deemed to be on the road to fitness. This road is as long as the sodding M1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

To my knowledge thats testicles. If it does happen, it only happens to the crocks. Happy to be proved wrong though 

It's widely accepted that athletes returning to competition after injury are at greater risk of re-injury.

Pre-existing injuries can alter how the body moves. As a result, players returning after a long layoff have a higher risk of injury than the original risk of getting hurt.

There are countless examples of players who suffer setbacks on their way back after long-term injury.