Ashley Baker

Just now, Watson said:

Reading through all the threads and how badly we played, I would have guessed we had lost by five not by the odd goal away from home against a decent side.  Every time we drop points the sense of entitlement from some posters is unreal.   

Yet at the same time accepting that was a pile of shyte yeah?

4 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You can’t blame the young lad for being picked for 1st team duty when he’s not yet ready and still needs to develop further.

You look elsewhere. We’ve needed to sort out the full back positions for some time and we go into what is supposed to be another promotion season with Palmer and some young kid at right back, also getting lucky at left back with another young lad (Penney) who comes good, but who is backed up with Fox as a best alternative.

This club is not being run as well as it should be. Don’t lose focus of the real issues.

At what age is a player ready though? I keep hearing 21 is young. It's not though is it in terms of football these days? 

21 minutes ago, owls66 said:

Should be nowhere near the team.

He looked lost tonight, though I blame Jos for picking a player that is not up to this level, at least yet.

I'd like to blame Jos, but the reality is we can't afford anything more than what we've got.

Baker will make a good right back, he's got time on his side.

But he needs coaching on what to do with the ball going forward.

Just now, Watson said:

Missed opportunities

Missed opportunities? 

God give me strength.

It was a load of random bodies thrown together with no real game plan, who looked clueless, without direction, and as a consequence thought feck it, I can’t be arsed.

To be fair to the lad our front three looked non existant nearly all night and our midfield three never got hold of or put any real stamp on possession, so had no real out ball that stuck or any proper cover down the right, so was exposed 2 on 1 way too often, always seems the case karanka won the tactical battle against us, yes we had beaten forest 7 out of 7, but we struggle against any side managed by him,they stifled us going forward and took 2 out of probably only 4/5 real chances all game. 

To be fair to the lad our front three looked non existant nearly all night and our midfield three never got hold of or put any real stamp on possession, so had no real out ball that stuck or any proper cover down the right, so was exposed 2 on 1 way too often, always seems the case karanka won the tactical battle against us, yes we had beaten forest 7 out of 7, but we struggle against any side managed by him,they stifled us going forward and took 2 out of probably only 4/5 real chances all game. 

Baker is just young and inexperienced at this level especially against the better players. But he will get better the more games he has. Just like Palmer has.

Anyone see Bannan absolutely ripping into him right near the end when he throw the ball across Dawson and we lost it.

Basically Bannan was saying it should have been down the line. But not in them nice words.

now that just inexperience. that will come just like it has with Palmer the more games he plays.

Give him time.

11 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Missed opportunities? 

God give me strength.

It was a load of random bodies thrown together with no real game plan, who looked clueless, without direction, and as a consequence thought feck it, I can’t be arsed.

Your not seeing the opportunities (help me here I'm clutching at straws.)

14 hours ago, malek said:

Baker wasn't our biggest problem, or worst performer tonight.

I was at the match and I disagree.

I think the full backs were the major reason we struggled for possession and territory (aside from Reach being 10-20 yards too advanced).

Its not their fault and Baker might have a decent career.

I don’t think Baker made a forward pass or dribbled past an opponent in 90 minutes.

Similar for Fox until the last 20 minutes.

Palmer and Penney might not be perfect but they both stay wide, they both give options to get us on the front foot, they’ll both dribble past a man and they’ll both try and get in advanced positions.

In essence, in comparison to Baker and Fox, Palmer and Penney get us up the pitch and give their team mates options.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt