Sean Clare Signing for

BIG D

Good luck Sean Clare.

Some may see it as a backwards step but sometimes you have to take a backwards step to go forward.

Sniping at ex players because they left because they thought they could do better elsewhere is acting similar to teenage girls or boys, when a popular member of any boyband decides to go solo.

4 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Good luck Sean Clare.

Some may see it as a backwards step but sometimes you have to take a backwards step to go forward.

Sniping at ex players because they left because they thought they could do better elsewhere is acting similar to teenage girls or boys, when a popular member of any boyband decides to go solo.

No it isn't, no one is locking themselves in their bedrooms, refusing to eat and crying uncontrollably.

We're just taking the pi55 out of BillyBigBoll0cks #seanflair who thought he was going to Leeds/Villa/Spurs/Swansea

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

He won’t be guaranteed a start but he is joining a club where players play in front of a full stadium every home game, he will likely be challenging for trophies and European football this season, and he will have the opportunity to train in better facilities than he had at Wednesday. Welcome to the big team Sean.

What a load of poo

Celtic have won the double treble and will win the league again. 

Hearts win the Scottish cup every 30 years or so

• Haha 2

Strange decision to move to the SPL when he would have got games with Wednesday.

But, obviously Hearts are a big club up here, play in a nice part of the world, are currently sat top of the league, will compete for silverwear, and Clare could be part of this - making a name for himself and earning a bigger move in future.

It’s not quite Stenhousemuir!!

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

What a load of poo

Celtic have won the double treble and will win the league again. 

Hearts win the Scottish cup every 30 years or so

3 Scottish cup wins in the last 20 years. What have Wednesday achieved in the last 20 years? Hearts are top of the league, unbeaten in all competitions, have a winnable home leg quarter final tie in the cup, have beaten Celtic already in the league this season, and have a decent squad and are financially secure.

I’m not suggesting Hearts will win the league, we’ve had a decent start, but Clare could quality easily be part of a team that wins something or at the very minimum qualifies for Europe this season.

I can see why that could be more appealing to a player than being a bit part player for a team in financial trouble, under a transfer embargo, that’s probably going to finish mid table.

2 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

3 Scottish cup wins in the last 20 years. What have Wednesday achieved in the last 20 years? Hearts are top of the league, unbeaten in all competitions, have a winnable home leg quarter final tie in the cup, have beaten Celtic already in the league this season, and have a decent squad and are financially secure.

I’m not suggesting Hearts will win the league, we’ve had a decent start, but Clare could quality easily be part of a team that wins something or at the very minimum qualifies for Europe this season.

I can see why that could be more appealing to a player than being a bit part player for a team in financial trouble, under a transfer embargo, that’s probably going to finish mid table.

Who's under an embargo?

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Scottish football is frankly a back water. 

Keep the faith though. 

• Haha 1

I’ll be honest I’m pretty disappointed at some of the disparaging remarks and a wee bit of self reflection from our fans on Hearts and Wednesday wouldn’t go amiss.

The truth is Hearts are a club that are not much smaller and operating at a similar level to Wednesday. Hearts pulled in crowds better than 10 Championship teams last season, and that’s despite playing in a worse league, where away attendances are significantly smaller, and where you have to watch rubbish like Motherwell/St Johnstone etc 4 times a season. Hearts deserve credit for the fan base they have given those circumstances.

Edinburgh is a great city, Hearts have 13-14,000 season ticket holders and an excellent stadium with a million pound hybrid pitch, a state of the art training complex, a chance of having a successful season, and a far better record recently of developing younger players. There are  to me some quite obvious benefits to going there.

9 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Yeah playing for a Mickey Mouse Scottish outfit is really appealing. 

Dreams of Spurs wakes up to Hearts. No matter how it’s dressed up it’s a huge step backwards from playing at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Edinburgh is a great city, Hearts have 13-14,000 season ticket holders and an excellent stadium with a million pound hybrid pitch, a state of the art training complex, a chance of having a successful season, and a far better record recently of developing younger players. There are  to me some quite obvious benefits to going there.

What you on about?   One of our kids has just signed for Leicester in the Prem.   :ph34r: :biggrin:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, malek said:

Why do you think this is a bad move for Clare ? He will certainly get to play lot more then he would if he signed with us.

We often prize youngsters leaving Premiership clubs to make a step down for better chance of first team football, and I don't see how Clare's situation is any different ?!

I'm sure he would have resigned if he thought he could become a fixture in our starting 11 like Thorniley and Penney did.

With the number of youngsters playing here, he’d have more chances than he would at hearts who are top with a settled 11. Kieran Lee likely months away again, there’s a chance for someone who takes it. 

28 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I’ll be honest I’m pretty disappointed at some of the disparaging remarks and a wee bit of self reflection from our fans on Hearts and Wednesday wouldn’t go amiss.

The truth is Hearts are a club that are not much smaller and operating at a similar level to Wednesday. Hearts pulled in crowds better than 10 Championship teams last season, and that’s despite playing in a worse league, where away attendances are significantly smaller, and where you have to watch rubbish like Motherwell/St Johnstone etc 4 times a season. Hearts deserve credit for the fan base they have given those circumstances.

Nothing against Hearts who are a good club in a lovely city but other than the easier route to getting some kind of relative success, what you’re describing there is either matched or bettered at Wednesday particularly with the change of thinking on young players. If you play well in the championship then you might get your move to the premier league. If you do well in the SPL you might get a move to the championship before the premier league (in most cases).

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

With the number of youngsters playing here, he’d have more chances than he would at hearts who are top with a settled 11. Kieran Lee likely months away again, there’s a chance for someone who takes it. 

Youngsters are playing in positions where we are short on quality (lb,cb). I fully understand if he was of opinion that he won't get much of a look in next to likes of Bannan and Reach. 

He went to Hearts to play, and I'm sure he got much better chance getting into their starting 11, then he would in ours.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

Youngsters are playing in positions where we are short on quality (lb,cb). I fully understand if he was of opinion that he won't get much of a look in next to likes of Bannan and Reach. 

He went to Hearts to play, and I'm sure he got much better chance getting into their starting 11, then he would in ours.

So he wasn't interested in Spurs/Leeds/Villa/Swansea after all?