Sean Clare Signing for

BIG D

5 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Brilliant. Thing is when I used to do this, back in the nineties, Peterhead weren't in the league - so there is actually one more!!!!!! The quiz was 5 parts of the body ( or 6 as you have just pointed out) in England and Scotland. Some happen in more than one team. Arsenal and scunthorpe don't count!

St Johnson?

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Come here, there’s more. lol

I’ll let the others have a go. Only fair.

D70E3CF0-B423-4D08-A79B-B9BCB063EFCF.jpeg

Those long winter evenings in the pub used to fly by when I was there!!!!!!

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

I disagree not everything is matched or bettered. Wednesday are a bigger club, with a bigger fan base, have a better overall squad and can pay higher wages if they choose to although I don’t think Wednesday did with Clare. Wednesday also obviously play in a better league and have more potential due to the league structure that the club plays in, but Hearts have several plus points over Wednesday.

The stadium is better at Hearts, and it’s full every week, the training facilities are better at Hearts, the academy facilities are better at Hearts, Edinburgh is a more attractive city to live in for most people, there is the genuine opportunity for him to win things at Hearts, the financial situation of the club is better, the owners of the club are better, and most importantly the trajectory of the club is positive and the future is exciting too. Hearts are a club on the up whereas I would say it’s fair to say the same cannot be said for Wednesday under the current circumstances.

I support both clubs, both are good clubs operating at a similar level, but most importantly and as said above by another poster Clare maybe fancied the move himself too. As I said a wee bit of self reflection and reality from Wednesday fans without the disparaging comments would have come across better. It just comes across bitter.

On the bits in bold:

Hearts have what, a 20,000 capacity stadium and haven't seen that many in the ground this season despite being top of the league and having played Celtic at home.

Win what? The Scottish title - not won it since 1960 and although they are top of the league I would wager they won't win it this season. Scottish Cup - won it in 2012 but again, I would bet against it and they haven't won the Scottish League Cup in nearly 60 years.

Maybe he did fancy the move, however, judging by the moves he was being touted with during the summer and the fact it is now mid-September it may be more likely that this is the best of not many great options he now has rather than what he wanted.

2 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Presumably they offered more in wages than we did.

Firstly, well down to the lad for earning a better paying job. He deserves to celebrate that like anyone else who earns a better paying job.

Secondly, if we can't compete financially with the likes of Hearts, we really are in trouble.

Is there any evidence that he has been offered better wages? Maybe the wages we offered him were removed from the table when he turned us down and he now has to settle for what he can get? 

Or maybe we don't think he is worth what Hearts are going to give him. I doubt it is because we can't compete financially with Hearts, I would be very surprised if we aren't paying Onomah more than Clare will be getting.

5 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

The stadium is better at hearts? :laugh:lol

Absolutely. Hillsborough frankly is a bit of an embarrassment these days. A good stadium 20-25 years ago but scoreboard and pitch aside it has barely had any money spent on it in that time. It has character and great views but it’s falling to bits in places and not fitting of a Premier league or top end Championship club anymore. Tynecastle has had 4 new stands built in that time and is a fully modern stadium with good facilities everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Absolutely. Hillsborough frankly is a bit of an embarrassment these days. A good stadium 20-25 years ago but scoreboard and pitch aside it has barely had any money spent on it in that time. It has character and great views but it’s falling to bits in places and not fitting of a Premier league or top end Championship club anymore. Tynecastle has had 4 new stands built in that time and is a fully modern stadium with good facilities everywhere. 

But when you go to Hillsborough you get to watch Wednesday and when you go to Tynecastle you get to see Hearts!

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Talkingbollocks.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

On the bits in bold:

Hearts have what, a 20,000 capacity stadium and haven't seen that many in the ground this season despite being top of the league and having played Celtic at home.

Win what? The Scottish title - not won it since 1960 and although they are top of the league I would wager they won't win it this season. Scottish Cup - won it in 2012 but again, I would bet against it and they haven't won the Scottish League Cup in nearly 60 years.

Maybe he did fancy the move, however, judging by the moves he was being touted with during the summer and the fact it is now mid-September it may be more likely that this is the best of not many great options he now has rather than what he wanted.

I don’t get your point? Hearts have had two league home games so far. A near sellout for a TV game against Celtic and close to 18,000 for St Mirren who brought less than 400 fans. The size of stadium restricts the club, for bigger games at Murrayfield attendances of 30k+ have occurred.

Hearts almost every season have a small but realistic chance of challenging for the two cup competitions, true the league title is unlikely but they are currently sitting top of the league and outside of Rangers and Celtic they have the best league record in Scotland of all the other clubs. And I fancy Hears more than Rangers to win a trophy this season and that’s without the maroon and white specs on.

9 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I don’t get your point? Hearts have had two league home games so far. A near sellout for a TV game against Celtic and close to 18,000 for St Mirren who brought less than 400 fans. The size of stadium restricts the club, for bigger games at Murrayfield attendances of 30k+ have occurred.

Hearts almost every season have a small but realistic chance of challenging for the two cup competitions, true the league title is unlikely but they are currently sitting top of the league and outside of Rangers and Celtic they have the best league record in Scotland of all the other clubs. And I fancy Hears more than Rangers to win a trophy this season and that’s without the maroon and white specs on.

So you have banged on about how good the stadium is in previous posts and yet the club is restricted in terms of numbers by the stadium! Bit of a contradiction.

Wednesday have as realistic chance of winning promotion as Hearts have of winning a domestic cup and I know which would bring the greater reward. 

Good luck to him. He had a realistic chance of at least being a regular in our squad, some of his team mates from the academy are reveling in the opportunity.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I mean, you could just say that Tynecastle is a better ground, but no we have to basically describe Hillsborough as a dump. 

Classy. 

I never called Hillsborough a dump. I stated facts that it is a stadium with character that has been in need of investment for a long time. It’s true 

Anyway...

I don't think it's a bad move for him. Play well and he puts himself in the shop window for a bigger move in the future. 

In saying that, I can't imagine Hearts are paying him that much and I think Jos would have played Clare a fair bit this season. 

Suppose we will know in a few years time.