Sean Clare Signing for

BIG D

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

So he wasn't interested in Spurs/Leeds/Villa/Swansea after all?

Not sure how either of us can know that, factvis that he signed with Hearts, and it was most probably becouse he wants tovplay first team football, and he is much more likely to get it there, then with Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Nothing against Hearts who are a good club in a lovely city but other than the easier route to getting some kind of relative success, what you’re describing there is either matched or bettered at Wednesday particularly with the change of thinking on young players. If you play well in the championship then you might get your move to the premier league. If you do well in the SPL you might get a move to the championship before the premier league (in most cases).

I disagree not everything is matched or bettered. Wednesday are a bigger club, with a bigger fan base, have a better overall squad and can pay higher wages if they choose to although I don’t think Wednesday did with Clare. Wednesday also obviously play in a better league and have more potential due to the league structure that the club plays in, but Hearts have several plus points over Wednesday.

The stadium is better at Hearts, and it’s full every week, the training facilities are better at Hearts, the academy facilities are better at Hearts, Edinburgh is a more attractive city to live in for most people, there is the genuine opportunity for him to win things at Hearts, the financial situation of the club is better, the owners of the club are better, and most importantly the trajectory of the club is positive and the future is exciting too. Hearts are a club on the up whereas I would say it’s fair to say the same cannot be said for Wednesday under the current circumstances.

I support both clubs, both are good clubs operating at a similar level, but most importantly and as said above by another poster Clare maybe fancied the move himself too. As I said a wee bit of self reflection and reality from Wednesday fans without the disparaging comments would have come across better. It just comes across bitter.

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
9 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Well known Hibs are the biggest.

Sunshine on Leith is awesome.

But did Stranraer sign their Goalie? (You may have to skip back an album for that reference.)

7 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Presumably they offered more in wages than we did.

Firstly, well down to the lad for earning a better paying job. He deserves to celebrate that like anyone else who earns a better paying job.

Secondly, if we can't compete financially with the likes of Hearts, we really are in trouble.

Bannan & Joao re-mewing their contracts is a bigger deal than Clare, and the money involved with those 2 will have been far greater than Clare.

Maybe we offered Clare what we thought he was worth and he didn’t agree? Paying more than you think people are worth is what brings financial problems.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

You have Hearts and Hibs the wrong way round. But I know you’re just trying to wind EdinburghOwl up!!

Hearts even play in red for gods sake and had a dodgy bent Chairman who took all the fans money to Croatia.

It's well known.

9 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Even he knows it's a poo move lol he's been liking tweets like this all morning.

IMG_20180916_110515.thumb.jpg.d23922b401b53c7a41d69409990e179e.jpg

Whatever you think of Clare , or any other player really,  some of the stuff on Twitter  (not particularly these highlighted above but in general) is outrageous and I find myself perplexed as to why players have accounts and leave themselves open to abuse from people. People who one suspects wouldn't say many of the things they post to the face in person.