Sean Clare Signing for

BIG D

39 minutes ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Presumably they offered more in wages than we did.

Firstly, well down to the lad for earning a better paying job. He deserves to celebrate that like anyone else who earns a better paying job.

Secondly, if we can't compete financially with the likes of Hearts, we really are in trouble.

How do you know he's getting more at Hearts than we offered?

Adam Rooney recently left Aberdeen who finished 2nd last year to play for Salford City because they were offering more money.

WTF:

It just smacks of desperation to get a club.

Edited by BIG D

Guest Jack the Hat

Edinburgh is a beautiful city and Scotland is a great place. If he helps Hearts to the title he will be a hero and could play in the Champions League. Plus he is recovering from injury. Yes its a gamble, but I can understand why he would chose a move like this. If it goes wrong he is still young enough to move around. 

13 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Edinburgh is a beautiful city and Scotland is a great place. If he helps Hearts to the title he will be a hero and could play in the Champions League. Plus he is recovering from injury. Yes its a gamble, but I can understand why he would chose a move like this. If it goes wrong he is still young enough to move around. 

Hearts offered him £6k per week, East Fife five, and Forfar four.

• Haha 7

Guest Jack the Hat
33 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Hearts offered him £6k per week, East Fife five, and Forfar four.

He was offered two contracts in Scotland both had parts of the body in their name. He chose Hearts - but who were the other team ???????????????????????

(Don't be lazy and google it- try to work it out for yourselves!)

1 minute ago, Jack the Hat said:

He was offered two contracts in Scotland both had parts of the body in their name. He chose Hearts - but who were the other team ???????????????????????

Where the fizz is your Caledonian Thistle?!:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Lossiemouth FC?

Guest Jack the Hat
1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Got it.

Peterhead

Brilliant. Thing is when I used to do this, back in the nineties, Peterhead weren't in the league - so there is actually one more!!!!!! The quiz was 5 parts of the body ( or 6 as you have just pointed out) in England and Scotland. Some happen in more than one team. Arsenal and scunthorpe don't count!

2 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

I disagree not everything is matched or bettered. Wednesday are a bigger club, with a bigger fan base, have a better overall squad and can pay higher wages if they choose to although I don’t think Wednesday did with Clare. Wednesday also obviously play in a better league and have more potential due to the league structure that the club plays in, but Hearts have several plus points over Wednesday.

The stadium is better at Hearts, and it’s full every week, the training facilities are better at Hearts, the academy facilities are better at Hearts, Edinburgh is a more attractive city to live in for most people, there is the genuine opportunity for him to win things at Hearts, the financial situation of the club is better, the owners of the club are better, and most importantly the trajectory of the club is positive and the future is exciting too. Hearts are a club on the up whereas I would say it’s fair to say the same cannot be said for Wednesday under the current circumstances.

I support both clubs, both are good clubs operating at a similar level, but most importantly and as said above by another poster Clare maybe fancied the move himself too. As I said a wee bit of self reflection and reality from Wednesday fans without the disparaging comments would have come across better. It just comes across bitter.

Does it make a big difference if the stadium is full? An average of 16-18k at hearts is better than 20-25 thousand simply because it’s full? Not having that. Academy is immaterial as he isn’t playing for them. Nonetheless our academy sides are doing very well regardless.

Wednesday have the financial rules to deal with but we have never been in a better position financially, two separate things. In fact the situation we are in is beneficial for the likes of Clare as they are given a game and if offers come in the P&S rules would encourage us to give him a move. It’s not as if we are staring relegation in the face. 

A good time to join Hearts but they are pretty much at their glass ceiling already. There is an easier opportunity to win things up in Scotland for sure and that because it isn’t as competitive.

Clare’s decision aside Im not really sure what Wednesday have to feel that bitter about so I disagree with that. You’re just being defensive over your club. Being objective and realistic about it and looking the squad list at hearts shows numerous players that  have played in the EFL but wouldn’t play there now. 

Edited by Bluesteel

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Brilliant. Thing is when I used to do this, back in the nineties, Peterhead weren't in the league - so there is actually one more!!!!!! The quiz was 5 parts of the body ( or 6 as you have just pointed out) in England and Scotland. Some happen in more than one team. Arsenal and scunthorpe don't count!

Come here, there’s more. lol

I’ll let the others have a go. Only fair.

D70E3CF0-B423-4D08-A79B-B9BCB063EFCF.jpeg

2 hours ago, malek said:

Youngsters are playing in positions where we are short on quality (lb,cb). I fully understand if he was of opinion that he won't get much of a look in next to likes of Bannan and Reach. 

He went to Hearts to play, and I'm sure he got much better chance getting into their starting 11, then he would in ours.

If either of them get injured, or if we needed a right back or just something different off the bench. Clare would be playing. Their starting 11 isn’t as good so perhaps he has more chance over time. But if he’s good enough for the championship breaking into our side as he did last season shouldn’t be an issue for him.