Sean Clare Signing for

BIG D

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I mean, you could just say that Tynecastle is a better ground, but no we have to basically describe Hillsborough as a dump. 

Classy. 

It is a better ground and I have said it.

You talk of class, I said nothing untrue or derogatory but you have ignored some of the comments on here by Wednesday fans that were far worse. I’m out. I’m not commenting on this thread anymore.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

You talk of class, I said nothing untrue or derogatory but you have ignored some of the comments on here by Wednesday fans that were far worse. I’m out. I’m not commenting on this thread anymore.

Nice flounce! Is there really anything that bad in this thread that you can't just ignore and continue the debate with the posts that are worth responding to?

5 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Awww come back you know we were only messing.

9 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

my view is Hillsborough is a very traditional ground and yes it needs a bit of updating but it's far superior to tynecastle in terms of tradition, size, atmosphere when full 

Its a real step down for him in every regard.

I think Hearts will be paying him like their star player, whereas he was a squad player at best for us.

Dissapointing he'd rather go to a much lower quality side and be the big dog, rather than challenge himself with us.

Great catch for a small club like Hearts though, probably the best player they have ever signed - exciting times for their fans. Helps them try to close the huge gulf between them and Rangers to catch them up in terms of quality.

4 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

3 Scottish cup wins in the last 20 years. What have Wednesday achieved in the last 20 years? Hearts are top of the league, unbeaten in all competitions, have a winnable home leg quarter final tie in the cup, have beaten Celtic already in the league this season, and have a decent squad and are financially secure.

I’m not suggesting Hearts will win the league, we’ve had a decent start, but Clare could quality easily be part of a team that wins something or at the very minimum qualifies for Europe this season.

I can see why that could be more appealing to a player than being a bit part player for a team in financial trouble, under a transfer embargo, that’s probably going to finish mid table.

Are you a wednesday fan? Sound more of a hearts fan to me

Biased aside and however you dress it up, Hearts and the Scottish league isn’t a patch on Wednesday and the championship 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

Just now, SiJ said:

Yep. 

If there was an actual offer from a Premier League club, then there's no flipping way he ends up at Hearts, shiny new Tynecastle or not. 

I love it when no mark players come out in the press and say this, I bet if a premier league chairman called his agents phone by mistake Clare would still come out in the press claiming interest, anything to feed the ego. Remember before with Rhys Mccabe and Everton, well if they were really interested they would have signed you. Not exactly a financial issue is it 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I love it when no mark players come out in the press and say this, I bet if a premier league chairman called his agents phone by mistake Clare would still come out in the press claiming interest, anything to feed the ego. Remember before with Rhys Mccabe and Everton, well if they were really interested they would have signed you. Not exactly a financial issue is it 

If the agent phoned a Prem League Chairman and his secretary refused to pass the phone call on he'd have said to be in discussion with a Prem League club lol 

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, SiJ said:

I mean, you could just say that Tynecastle is a better ground, but no we have to basically describe Hillsborough as a dump. 

Classy. 

Did he call Hillsborough a dump?

I must have missed that.

7 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

If by saying the words Embarrassing and faling to bits in places then yeh,i'd say he has.

He also said that Hillsborough has had no money spent on it in 25 years other than the scoreboard and pitch which is blatantly not true but suits his argument.

Also said how great the newly built stand are at Tynecastle yet went on to bemoan the fact that the club are restricted by the size of the stadiums capacity.

Why would the build these new stands smaller than they need? This will be a rhetorical question given that he has flounced out of the debate.