Worst Signing Ever

I can excuse lack of ability as that's not the players fault. Still a bad signing but the blame sits with whoever bought them in. 

What i cant stand is players who just don't try. Wim Jonk, De Bilde and Bothroyd take the biscuit for me. All 3 could have been assets at a time when we needed it and chose to take a wage and do f**k all. 

That's why i loved players like Ryan Lowe, Semedo, Llera and big Reda. Yes they were limited footballers but they gave everything and im sure they loved every minute of wearing a Wednesday shirt. 

22 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I am seeing Phil Scott later - will show him this!

I remember being at Chelsea in around 97/98 in BFR's second coming, when BFR said to Phil Scott 'get ready you're come on'. PS took his training top off and didn't have his kit on. BFR was furious and told PS to sit back down and he never came on. Don't think he played another game after that.

2 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

Probably not the worst, but most disappointing have to be Ian Taylor and Craig Shakespeare. 

Why did Taylor disappoint you?

Anyone brought to "replace" Carlton Palmer obviously had a big task at hand but the lad was sold on within 4 months of the season starting, and as far as I can remember he played pretty much every game in that period and was solid. He went on to a mainstay of the Villa side that usually finished top 10 during his 7 years there.

Anyway, worst signing for me is a throw up between De Bilde, Jeffers and Abdi. The jug-eared one made my p*ss boil more than any other player ever.

23 minutes ago, Animis said:

I remember being at Chelsea in around 97/98 in BFR's second coming, when BFR said to Phil Scott 'get ready you're come on'. PS took his training top off and didn't have his kit on. BFR was furious and told PS to sit back down and he never came on. Don't think he played another game after that.

I thought that was Scott Oakes? Don’t think Scott played under Ron?

8 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Probably Atty Nuhiu.

Both for his goal & assist rate over the last 3 years; & managers picking him ahead of better players. Particularly Joao in 15/16.

His rare goal flurry last season, May save him from being the worst; but definitely a contender.

He might not be greatest player to pull on shirt but if you think he's worst then you can't have seen many games.

Out of recent players Hallam Hope though only on loan was really poor, Moudou Sougou was another really poor one and a bit before this Tom Soares was not only bad but ran as though his boot laces were tied together. 

Franny Jeffers was a poor signing but wasn't helped by serious injuries. 

I was far from impressed with Stevie May, came highly rated but was very disappointing. 

From further back I'd say it's a close one between Larry May and Ian Fleming.

30 minutes ago, Owl At Risk said:

Why did Taylor disappoint you?

Anyone brought to "replace" Carlton Palmer obviously had a big task at hand but the lad was sold on within 4 months of the season starting, and as far as I can remember he played pretty much every game in that period and was solid. He went on to a mainstay of the Villa side that usually finished top 10 during his 7 years there.

Anyway, worst signing for me is a throw up between De Bilde, Jeffers and Abdi. The jug-eared one made my p*ss boil more than any other player ever.

Wednesday signed Taylor from Port Vale after having scored a bucket full of goals. He came to Wednesday and scored 1 in half a season. After selling him on to Villa he proceeded to score a bucket full of goals. Hence the disappointment. 

A bit like Glyn Snodin, came as a left back who scored regularly and scored just the one for us.

worst signing has to based on a lot of factors,clearly we have had some players in the past what aint even national league standard . but based on transfer fee/wages  1 Rhodes (I think at some point I remember posting his goal ratio was 1.2million a goal if you divide his transfer fee into 4 years plus his wages . 2 abdi £4.5million plus appx 30k a week done nothing 3 a list a mile long Jeffers,bothroyd ,jones,boyd based on there large wages and doing very little on the pitch.