Should Hector and Onomah start v Stoke?

Two questions.

Would you start either player, and replacing whom?

Will Jos start either, and replacing whom?

My view:-

Definitely not Josh. The midfield three are winning and settled, so no immediate opening there for Josh. Matias has done enough to keep his place, and Joao is undroppable.

More of a question at CB. I’m not 100% convinced by Thorniley yet, and Hector feels like just what we needed with his size and experience, but no, I would not break up the Palmer-Lees-Thorniley-Penney back four at present. 

A few weeks ago these newcomers would have walked into our badly struggling side, but not now. It’s brilliant that they are going to have to force their way in, and play like demons to stay there. 

We play...

Saturday Stoke

Wednesday Forest

Saturday Villa

I would be very surprised to see Matias and Joao start all three. They have had a fortnight off but I see a degree of sensible rotation from Jos. This gives an early chance for Onomah to impress. 

Not sure Jos will rotate in defence unless we get injuries. I suppose at 21 it’s possible he will give Jordan a rest and take a look at Hector, but I really think he might have to wait for an injury or a poor performance.

Wonderful that it has become a genuinely difficult dilemma rather than an urgent emergency.

Just now, millo said:

I am happy to leave those sorts of decisions to Jo's.

Having not seen them in training, I'm afraid I'm going to have to, as well!

Maybe one of our resident training ground stalkers / high-powered binocular enthusiasts will be along soon to give us the benefit of their insight?

:duntmatter:

Think the team that started against Reading deserve to start against Stoke, If jos is to make a change I think maybe swap nuhiu for Fletcher. with FF out for 3 games we should bring Onomah on in second half like we have been doing with Forestieri 

Don’t think Jos will throw them in without proper training with the team. Both players signed and immediately went on international duty and will return probably only with a few days training. Imagine they will be on the bench. Waiting there turn. 

Guest wilyfox

I think Jos will keep faith with Lees & Thorniley pairing until a change is necessary. Hector will need to get up to speed anyway. Suspect Onomah will be sub to begin with. Reach, Bannan, and Pessy Galore keep their places. 

I would imagine they’d both be on the bench. For the most part, the side were excellent in the last game, so I’d stick with the eleven that started against Reading. Perhaps the only worry is, if Stoke start with Crouch again. We still looked vulnerable in the air at Reading, and they didn’t have anyone like Crouch We will have to work at stopping the crosses

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GEE said:

Think the team that started against Reading deserve to start against Stoke, If jos is to make a change I think maybe swap nuhiu for Fletcher. with FF out for 3 games we should bring Onomah on in second half like we have been doing with Forestieri 

I agree with you 

Edited by Watson
  • Haha 3