Should Hector and Onomah start v Stoke?

Why is everyone expecting a sitting midfielder to play in attack?  

They will both start, Hector due to experience and Onomah because Spurs won't have sent him out to sit on the bench.  I'd expect Thorniley to miss out and am intrigued to see who Jos will leave out for Onomah.  Because for me, Bannan, Joey and Reach are the first names on the team sheet and the stats seem to back my judgement.

Edited by Sham67

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Having not seen them in training, I'm afraid I'm going to have to, as well!

Maybe one of our resident training ground stalkers / high-powered binocular enthusiasts will be along soon to give us the benefit of their insight?

:duntmatter:

Watching the players train is fine, in it's way, but on Owlstalk it's firm opinions that matter. 

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG

Still don't see the point of bringing loan signings in to sit on the bench. We did that too many times under Carlos. I hope Hector starts the next match ( we badly need some height), Onomah may miss out cos he has been with England U21s so may have to wait a couple of weeks. 

7 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Still don't see the point of bringing loan signings in to sit on the bench. We did that too many times under Carlos. I hope Hector starts the next match ( we badly need some height), Onomah may miss out cos he has been with England U21s so may have to wait a couple of weeks. 

Hector is also on international duty.

1 hour ago, millo said:

I am happy to leave those sorts of decisions to Jos Luhukay. 

I agree. He knows what level of fitness they are at. I don't even think they have played any competitive games this season. Probably depending how the next two games are going, he might give them half an hour. All dependant on how fit they are getting at Hillsborough

34 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Dawson

Palmer Lees Thorniley Penney

Pelupessy

Onamah Bannan

Reach     Fletcher    Joao

Bit harsh on Matias.   By the way, is there any chance we could all start spelling Onomah's surname correctly.

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Bit harsh on Matias.   By the way, is there any chance we could all start spelling Onomah's surname correctly.

We need to be more solid in midfield although I'm not doubting MM's contribution but you can only get away with forwards essentially playing in midfield against the calibre of opponents we are about to face.

Let's face it our last 3 opponents have been too poor or naive to exploit it.

I'm sure I'll learn to spell Onomah properly once he's been here a fortnight :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

We need to be more solid in midfield although I'm not doubting MM's contribution but you can only get away with forwards essentially playing in midfield against the calibre of opponents we are about to face.

Let's face it our last 3 opponents have been too poor or naive to exploit it.

I'm sure I'll learn to spell Onomah properly once he's been here a fortnight :rolleyes:

You've got Reach playing in the front 3.   Matias wouldn't be in midfield or are you saying you'd sacrifice him to shoehorn Reach in.

The spelling jibe wasn't aimed solely at you, 90% of people have been getting it wrong.  I had to check how to spell it before I posted. 

3 hours ago, GEE said:

Think the team that started against Reading deserve to start against Stoke, If jos is to make a change I think maybe swap nuhiu for Fletcher. with FF out for 3 games we should bring Onomah on in second half like we have been doing with Forestieri 

As long as everyon2 is fit, never change a winning team.

I think penny has benefitted from playing alongside a player he's probably made over 100 appearances alongside for the dev squad and although settling in well is still very green at this level, so I wouldn't drop thornily out of the side just to play Hector, that said though I do think jos will rotate somewhat due to 3 games in a week, so we'll have to wait and see.