Should Hector and Onomah start v Stoke?

We are a bit in the shyte with ffp, so I would have thought signing players as cover would not be an option.

Though who knows if they will fit in or how much the deals cost.

So I would think they will play, straight in against Stoke...maybe from the bench.

On the other hand, they may not play :happy:

On 09/09/2018 at 00:29, Kagoshimaowl said:

Absolute madness! We’ve been crap with a back three, Bannan is better going forward and Pelupessy on the wing is laughable. No offense...

I was working on the basis that the formation is absolutely set in stone - because under Jos it does seem to be. 

Pelupessy isn't pulling up any trees in the middle, but he has the stamina to get up and down, can read the game and can deliver a decent cross (unlike anyone else that we've tried down the right-hand side). Plus, he's played there before in his career. Giving him a go there is certainly less laughable than persisting with Palmer!

On 09/09/2018 at 08:34, Dutch McLovin said:

While I do like the back 3 this set up is all wrong in my opinion. 

Firstly Westwood in net ?! No we've dond this to death Dawson is our keeper and is good.

Pessy at wingback is a shout I'll give you that.

we need 2 cm ala how Chelsea won the title with it. One has to be Bannan so if Hutch is in the back 3 then Onomah has to sit with him. This is how I see Onomah to be honest from what I've seen of him.

the front 3 all need goals. Reach doesn't score enough to play that role. And can only play wingback in this aystwm and you can't not play Penney 

I'm not sure id Onomah is the sort of player that is particularly effective sitting in. So how about this (might give Bannan a bit more freedom too)...

----------------------- Westwood ------------------------
--------------- Hector -- Lees -- Thorniley ------------
Pelupessy --- Hutchinson --- Bannan --- Penney
---------- Onomah -------------------- Reach ---------
--------------------------- Joao ----------------------------

2 minutes ago, George Whitebread said:

I'm not sure id Onomah is the sort of player that is particularly effective sitting in. So how about this (might give Bannan a bit more freedom too)...

Please no!

For a start it's a back 3. Secondly where are the goals going to come from apart from possibly Joao. Reach doesn't score enough and I'm sure Onomah is not renowned for his goal scoring prowess.

1 hour ago, LittleG said:

For a start it's a back 3. Secondly where are the goals going to come from apart from possibly Joao. Reach doesn't score enough and I'm sure Onomah is not renowned for his goal scoring prowess.

And Joao scores most of his goals alongside Nuhiu.

2 hours ago, George Whitebread said:

I was working on the basis that the formation is absolutely set in stone - because under Jos it does seem to be. 

Pelupessy isn't pulling up any trees in the middle, but he has the stamina to get up and down, can read the game and can deliver a decent cross (unlike anyone else that we've tried down the right-hand side). Plus, he's played there before in his career. Giving him a go there is certainly less laughable than persisting with Palmer!

Wouldn't necessarily disagree with you in regards to him doing a decent job at wing back.

But one thing we do not do at moment is move him from the centre of midfield.

2 hours ago, George Whitebread said:

Agree with Pessy and hutch in this but Westwood mope and from what I've seen Onomah is more that type than an attacking midfielder 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, George Whitebread said:

Palmer has been superb in the last two games. Pelupessy also has played well recently. On top of that you want to move Joao to play centrally yet he’s much more effective on the left. I get your point about different formations but for me your suggestion at this moment in time is laughable!

35 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

Both players have to play, what’s the point of getting loan players who are not going to get in the team. 

They will clearly get their chances but Jos is unlikely to make big changes off three straight wins. They'll be introduced from the bench surely.