What is the furthest out..

46 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Recently Wallace banged one in from distance at Fulham and even further out after a hashed clearance from the keeper against Norwich. 

Mcgoogs was even further back vs Preston I think. I suspect that took a tiny deflection though :)

Yep can’t remember a longer one than Wallace at Fulham.

Though under Wilko in our promotion season Megson’s free-kick winner v Chelsea was miles out in my ageing memory. I remember saying to Nev “Flippin idiot don’t try direct from there!” Then got carried down the Kop celebrating the beauty. 

1 hour ago, Rev Owl said:

Beat me to it. 

I recall a foggy night match? 

Think it was at the kop end?

Thought it was a regular Saturday but in middle of winter? Still recall the look of horror on Hodge's face as it took that freak bounce over the top of his head.

It was a horrible windy rainy day which no doubt helped Ogrizovic.

Just checked Sat Oct 25th 1986

Just now, Utah Owl said:

Thought it was a regular Saturday but in middle of winter? Still recall the look of horror on Hodge's face as it took that freak bounce over the top of his head.

It was a horrible windy rainy day which no doubt helped Ogrizovic.

Just checked Sat Oct 25th 1986

Thanks for checking that out.  I do remember I was stood on the kop.  Beyond that the old memory is going....

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

Thanks for checking that out.  I do remember I was stood on the kop.  Beyond that the old memory is going....

So was I, if you were in the middle of the singing lot we were probably stood pretty much next to each other!

FFS Hodge!

2 hours ago, the third man said:

Brunt at Leeds for me, great goal

I was there that day in the corner cheese wedge, think it was 2007. 

I remember 5000 of us singing “3-0 in your cup final”! You should’ve seen them, they were proper wounded given their delusions of grandeur!

Right goal by Brunt - right up there with the Hirst goal vs Villa and the Harkes thunderbolt vs Derby.

2 hours ago, s73owl said:

Need I say more? 

absolute belter of a goal against the then England number 1

If it wouldn't have gone in top corner, would still be going now. My favourite goal ever, I was there and they just don't come any better. Watched it hundreds of times and had to rewind the tape to do it. None of this point and click malarkey.

• Like 1