THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Official SWFC tweet from within the hour, nobody likely to be leaving, including our no.3 keeper.

Winnall to sign fir Bristol City rumour on Twitter.

Conclusion it always made more sense.

Only on Owls Talk.

There’ll be someone telling me Pedro’s Grandad wasn’t from Oughtibridge next.

Its true. I was born and bred in Oughtibridge ,and i delivered his newspapers . 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Started his career in Iran then got picked up by Athletico Madrid to play in their youth team, 2015 moved to Rostov in the Russian Premier league and has two loan in the last 2 season in the Russian premier league playing 10 and 15 games respectively.

At 21 has some good experience of playing top flight football in Russia and has represented his country 27 times including playing in the last world cup in Russia. For me if a decent price, every team in this division should have taken a punt. Iran are currently ranked above Bannan's Scotland in the ranking and unlike the Scots qualify for major tournaments. At 21 could develop into a really good player

To be fair and not knocking the lad as he seems a pretty good prospect. 

Though you have to look at the opposition Iran have to bypass to qualify for major tournaments, think of Panama, Australia or New Zealand at the last couple of world cups, if any of those teams had been in European qualifying groups they'd have been nowhere near the finals.