THE LOAN DEADLINE DAY THREAD

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Signed Ross Barkley bet you would change your tune.

lol

Exactly - what has Batth achieved? Same with Ben Marshall - his name is always mentioned.

Does Jos even know who Batth is?

It just seems when it comes to signing players we become blinkered and narrow minded - talking about loanees from years ago.

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Fair do's - just not convinced going back for previous loanees is the answer.

Would agree with this last season and before under DC as he wasn’t in at wolves when they wanted to go up. But I think he’s probably as good as we’d get under the likely EFL parameters.

Also, I think we just really miss someone who just does the basic physical defending from set plays. Shaun Morrison was a limited player but we got quoted 8m for him and he even went up.

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Exactly - what has Batth achieved? Same with Ben Marshall - his name is always mentioned.

It just seems when it comes to signing players we become blinkered and narrow minded - talking about loanees from years ago.

It's just previous players that have had relative success with us though isn't it and that the fans quite liked.

Let's be honest how good is Kenwyne Jones really.??.

Edited by pazowl55

3 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Fair do's - just not convinced going back for previous loanees is the answer.

I know what you mean if the Barkley bloke or that Wickham bloke were available at a price we could afford would touch them with a barge pole. WTF:

We need an experienced Championship defender, with leadership quality's but at the right price, 

Batth has played in the championship for 5 years so far, has over 140 games in this league so has the experience, he is club captain at Wolves who got promoted last season so he has the Leadership qualities we need, he is available for a decent salary so he is in our price bracket.

Does this explain why we want him nothing to do with the ex loan player 7 years ago.

• Like 2

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Would agree with this last season and before under DC as he wasn’t in at wolves when they wanted to go up. But I think he’s probably as good as we’d get under the likely EFL parameters.

Also, I think we just really miss someone who just does the basic physical defending from set plays. Shaun Morrison was a limited player but we got quoted 8m for him and he even went up.

Morrison would have been a cracking signing, even Bamba when he left Leeds.

23 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

"Could happen"

could end up hooking up with Hayden Panettiere... doesn't mean it's actually gonna happen 

I wouldn't bother. Imagine following Wladimir in.

It's be like like throwing an empty can down an alley.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

I’ve been told it’s Danny Batth and the media have reported it as well.  I’m pretty sure Danny will join on loan later today.  He lacks pace but he can defend and he’s very good in the air and he’s just what we need at the moment. He’s the Wolves club captain so obviously he has leadership abilities. We tried to broaden our horizons when we looked at 200 centre halves across Europe and we ended up with Joost Van Aken who cost £4m. I know which centre back I’d rather have!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

I know what you mean if the Barkley bloke or that Wickham bloke were available at a price we could afford would touch them with a barge pole. WTF:

We need an experienced Championship defender, with leadership quality's but at the right price, 

Batth has played in the championship for 5 years so far, has over 140 games in this league so has the experience, he is club captain at Wolves who got promoted last season so he has the Leadership qualities we need, he is available for a decent salary so he is in our price bracket.

Does this explain why we want him nothing to do with the ex loan player 7 years ago.

I suppose we will have to see.

If we don't sign him today I also suppose we can talk about him and Marshall coming back for the next 5 years.

2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

We're talking about Batth, because in our desperate state, we have very few realistic options

Gary Cahill, Ruben Loftus-Cheek & Yannick Bolasie all were probably available for loan, at the right price ... Not at our price  

• Haha 1

I’m going to suggest the 2 players we could bring in will be complete surprises to everyone.

And will be confirmed at 11:30 pm, six and a half hours after the loan deadline has finished, leading to an investigation after claims they were registered two seconds after the deadline. The Pigs will be laughing their heads off before it’s confirmed they’re ok to join us next Friday.

The Blades will claim it’s a fix but we’ll not care as Tammy Abraham scores a debut hat-trick, and Gerard Pique chips in with another.

Got the rumours off HITC btw

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I’ve been told it’s Danny Batth and the media have reported it as well.  I’m pretty sure Danny will join on loan later today.  He lacks pace but he can defend and he’s very good in the air and he’s just what we need at the moment. He’s the Wolves club captain so obviously he has leadership abilities. We tried to broaden our horizons when we looked at 200 centre halves across Europe and we ended up with Joost Van Aken who cost £4m. I know which centre back I’d rather have!

The only thing that comment from Carlos did was clearly state that our scouting network is abysmal.