FF Was dropped from the team

4 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Others were poor... Baker, Pudil, Hutchinson and Nuhiu who were also correctly dropped. But your basically saying Forestieri should be in the team because he’s Forestieri and that’s the sort of attitude Jos is trying to get out of the club. Nando is amazing however he needs  to work harder for the team defensively and if that’s what Jos wants then  I’m all for it. 

If Jos feels that he needs dropping I have no problem with that my argument is that special players need treating differently so they don't have poor games.  Needs different management skills. 

If I were Fernando I’d be in to my agent 24/7 to get me a move. He shouldn’t be starting in the bench. You all know it. You’re just blinded by 6 points vs Millwall and Ipswich. Hardly inspiring.

Half the people saying ‘well done Jos’ you can guarantee we’re singing for Fernando on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Standidno said:

If I were Fernando I’d be in to my agent 24/7 to get me a move. He shouldn’t be starting in the bench. You all know it. You’re just blinded by 6 points vs Millwall and Ipswich. Hardly inspiring.

Half the people saying ‘well done Jos’ you can guarantee we’re singing for Fernando on Saturday.

Says more about him than you,the fact that he isn't/hasn't don't ya think.

5 minutes ago, Standidno said:

You have a very odd obsession with wanting Nando to leave this club. 

In fact, it's all you ever post about...

6 minutes ago, Standidno said:

I very much doubt that anyone over 13 was singing for him.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Standidno said:

He couldn't be arsed to find his number..

1 minute ago, 33 said:

Still poor management if the rules dont apply to all.

Joey must have photos or summat

He's improving game on game, and Jos has already explained the job that he does and how well he does it

I've no issues with Pelupessy playing and learning and getting better 

It's not like he's not putting the effort in

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:
  • He’s played well end of the season.  He came into the team which was quality and stable and brought his extra quality.  He is a player who can make a difference.  This year Wigan, Hull…not so well. (the team stabilty)  Saturday last 20 minutes he does that which we ask from him. V He is one of our best players but he must know that he needs the team and the team need him, but first he must give something to the team plan and the team will then always give him everything back (in the plan). EVERY PLAYER in my team must do it with each other (collective) and not against each other . When they do that we have a very strong team. We must help each other. It’s maybe some people don’t have the feeling about that, but they need the feeling about that. Good players are good players when it’s a team. We must do it together. I am happy that he knows what I mean now and we go in a good direction. 

Love this, what a manager! 

It says I don’t care who you are, if you are not working for the collective you can do one. V healthy position and philosophy to take. Hopefully it has got FF and several others to think more and dev their game further. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

However, if he hadn't been greedy, we could have a couple of more goals in the last 2 home games alone.  

You can’t drop a goal scorer for being greedy. 

That’s their nature and to stamp on that trait is a bad thing. 

17 minutes ago, M Royds said:

You can’t drop a goal scorer for being greedy. 

That’s their nature and to stamp on that trait is a bad thing. 

Please feel free to quote any post I've made suggesting FF should be dropped.

This Sheffield Wednesday team and it’s chances of success are not solely dependant on Fernando Forestieri, the people that think he should play week in week out regardless and given a ‘free’ role really need to think what effect that would have on the rest of the squad and the lads who fight week in week out for a shirt 

Your essentially saying FF doesn’t have to put the graft in on the training pitch or maybe even turn up at all and doesn’t have to earn a place in the team

Has anyone bothered to mention when he came on against Ipswich he was busting a gut? Changed the game and celebrated like the rest of us when we scored ?  Looked REALLY disinterested didn’t he ?  

Yeah... terrible man management Jos 

3 hours ago, camffiti said:

Maybe the club is paving the way for something?

I remember similar happening with Whelan & Brunt

Wondered about that myself.

We’ll know by the end of this week if Jos was seeing how the team performed without him prior to loaning him out.

Loan with transfer fee agreed in January? This year’s losses brought within FFP at a stroke? 

Manager finds a star player isn’t pulling his weight in training or matches.

Manager demoted star player to bench.

Using the star player as a sub, Manager guides team to two wins.

I’m just mystified why any of us don’t accept this as logical and excellent team management.