FF Was dropped from the team

According to the press conference JL has just given, he wasn't happy with the effort of some players and FF was one of them, he said they all have to work with each other to get results. I think it's refreshing for JL to drop senior quality players if they are not putting a shift in, go and listen to the interview he came across brilliant 

• Like 1

Going on the way Nando performed when he came off the bench in the last 2 games it looks like it worked and he got the managers message.

Looking back at Carlos, I remember him saying he found it difficult to motivate the squad players as they knew that when certain players returned from injury they’d be back in the team.

With Jos it looks like he’s more “if you’ve got the shirt it’s yours to lose”.

• Like 3

So he dropped our best player over a perceived lack of effort after the whole team had a stinker at Brentford? Yet players who had much worse games ie Matias and Pelupessy keep the shirt regardless? I was at Brentford and although he didn't have a good game FF was one of the few players who seemed to be actually trying to make something happen. He can be slow to track back and his body language can be a bit "mardy" but if that's a droppable offence Jos would never have played Chris Waddle. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Personally I’ve never questioned FF’s work ethic when on the field. He’s always tracked back and helped defend in midfield. Never seen him as particularly greedy either. 

I agree with what you've said about his work ethic.  However, if he hadn't been greedy, we could have a couple of more goals in the last 2 home games alone.  

I can't comment on whether he should have been dropped as I didn't go to Brentford.

Edited by Sham67

8 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

According to the press conference JL has just given, he wasn't happy with the effort of some players and FF was one of them, he said they all have to work with each other to get results. I think it's refreshing for JL to drop senior quality players if they are not putting a shift in, go and listen to the interview he came across brilliant 

Yeah, it’s brutally honest and everyone knows where they stand with this approach. Got to say I’m all for it but...

I still think it could have and may still go wrong as you could well imagine the stick the manager would get for leaving the likes of FF and Hutch on the bench if we had lost or drawn the last two games and the one on the pitch had given their all.

Personally (barring a few noteable exceptions) I think FF generally does put a shift in and if you’re going on effort why would you have dropped Fletcher after the Millwall performance?

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

I agree with what you've said about his work ethic.  However, if he hadn't been greedy, we could have a couple of more goals in the last 2 home games alone.  

I can't comment on whether he should have been dropped as I didn't go to Brentford.

When you're jinxing your way through the opposition defenders and concentrating on keeping your feet you don't always see the obvious pass which the fans can see from their vantage point. 

30 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Going on the way Nando performed when he came off the bench in the last 2 games it looks like it worked and he got the managers message.

Looking back at Carlos, I remember him saying he found it difficult to motivate the squad players as they knew that when certain players returned from injury they’d be back in the team.

With Jos it looks like he’s more “if you’ve got the shirt it’s yours to lose”.

Exactly as it should be.

13 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Well if Fessi had a reason to be dropped, I would accept that.....but he didnt. 

Hence why Hillsborough was chanting his name against Ipswitch and he comes on to win the free kick. Which then lead on to us pressurising and Joao getting the 2nd. 

People will chant his name because he's a creative spark, an enigma that gets people on their feet

we'd still be chanting his name if he turned up half heartedly for training ...

His work rate has been an issue. After an attack he takes five minutes to stand up and get himself back in position. Just because every now and then he fully sprints at the keeper with the ball fans think that means he’s working hard. Go on Jos lad. 

Just now, 1993swfc said:

His work rate has been an issue. After an attack he takes five minutes to stand up and get himself back in position. Just because every now and then he fully sprints at the keeper with the ball fans think that means he’s working hard. Go on Jos lad. 

FF puts as much effort in as the next man, he's always asking for the ball, and looking to make something happen.

16 minutes ago, Walt said:

Yeah, it’s brutally honest and everyone knows where they stand with this approach. Got to say I’m all for it but...

I still think it could have and may still go wrong as you could well imagine the stick the manager would get for leaving the likes of FF and Hutch on the bench if we had lost or drawn the last two games and the one on the pitch had given their all.

Personally (barring a few noteable exceptions) I think FF generally does put a shift in and if you’re going on effort why would you have dropped Fletcher after the Millwall performance?

Fletcher was not ready for another 90, as for FF maybe Jos thinks he wasn't giving his all for the team? I was not there so cant put my opinion on this, just what the

Manager has said, and you have to back him, because it has worked for the last two games, effort was there for all to see, Brentford was a bit limp.

36 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Personally I’ve never questioned FF’s work ethic when on the field. He’s always tracked back and helped defend in midfield. Never seen him as particularly greedy either. 

I agree with his work rate

But maybe he is not putting the effort in in the areas Jos wants him to play

Maybe more for himself than the team plan?