FF Was dropped from the team

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'd give Jos a lot more credit if he dropped that waste of a shirt in midfield

Thought Hutch had been on bench last two games ? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Watson said:

If Jos feels that he needs dropping I have no problem with that my argument is that special players need treating differently so they don't have poor games.  Needs different management skills. 

Fortunately for us I’m glad our manager isn’t of the same attitude

37 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Thierry Henry created more tap ins for his team mates than any top striker I've ever seen

You’re comparing the Arsenal squad that Henry Played in and the Wednesday squad that Nando plays. 

lol

• Haha 3

He says in the interview about playing well and badly and winning games, this is football. But he expects effort, ff obviously has a high standard, and I’d say he usually typifies effort, but if he’s been slacking fair play on jos. Might be the kick in the arse he needs 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's the fastest way to create massive issues in your squad, resentment, unhappiness, players leaving or getting 'injured' etc

anyone who isn't good enough to get into the team/squad, should improve to make himself 'a challenger' for a place, then a regular place.

it's the 'real' world, not our schools system, where 'everyone is a winner'.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Working for the team can be a multitude of things.

Working for the team  might be marking someone.  Working for the team can be standing in a certain area at a certain time.

Working for the team might be a set phase where people have certain patterns or movement to make.

Not always about charging about this hard work malarky.

I strongly suspect this is why Joey wasn’t dropped ... as he does what is asked .. if others don’t he looks poorer but Jos knows what is supposed to happen

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I'm not so sure and despite the caps locks, bold shoutin I'm unconvinced that our better players should be guaranteed a starting spot. In fact, I feel that policy is what compounded Carlos's problems. 

Professional coaches all over the world drop the best players all the time, that's probably why they are getting paid more than you or I - this week alone:

Mourinho dropped Sanchez, Raffa dropped club captain Laciles and Emery dropped Ozil. If we are just to pick best players and ignore form, fitness, attitude etc then we may as well do away with a coach and just hold a poll.

no offence here, but i don't really care what you think, i know you're wrong, you send your best side, anybody saying anything different has never played sport at a serious level.

i know what the pigs and l**ds will think if we turn up without him, and put some plonker in that ran around in training all week.

for me, wednesday fans have seen our best keeper relegated to number 3 WTF???

with a flimsy excuse over the coach's opinion in training, whilst 80+% of wednesdayites would have gone with westwood, i know whose judgement i'll go with on that 80% of 20,000, or one bloke who hasn't seen him play.

then we see ff out of the first Xl, on what appear to be the grounds of someone other than him 'impressed in training', again we all know who is a major player in this side, and has been for 3 seasons now.

are we as fans being 'fed a line', whilst the side is being tested out to run without it's best players? on the grounds that if it copes without them they can be loaned out with a view to a permanent move at the next window?

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:
  • He’s played well end of the season.  He came into the team which was quality and stable and brought his extra quality.  He is a player who can make a difference.  This year Wigan, Hull…not so well. (the team stabilty)  Saturday last 20 minutes he does that which we ask from him. V He is one of our best players but he must know that he needs the team and the team need him, but first he must give something to the team plan and the team will then always give him everything back (in the plan). EVERY PLAYER in my team must do it with each other (collective) and not against each other . When they do that we have a very strong team. We must help each other. It’s maybe some people don’t have the feeling about that, but they need the feeling about that. Good players are good players when it’s a team. We must do it together. I am happy that he knows what I mean now and we go in a good direction. 

is that a carlos quote?

18 minutes ago, dnhc said:

no offence here, but i don't really care what you think, i know you're wrong, you send your best side, anybody saying anything different has never played sport at a serious level.

i know what the pigs and l**ds will think if we turn up without him, and put some plonker in that ran around in training all week.

for me, wednesday fans have seen our best keeper relegated to number 3 WTF???

with a flimsy excuse over the coach's opinion in training, whilst 80+% of wednesdayites would have gone with westwood, i know whose judgement i'll go with on that 80% of 20,000, or one bloke who hasn't seen him play.

then we see ff out of the first Xl, on what appear to be the grounds of someone other than him 'impressed in training', again we all know who is a major player in this side, and has been for 3 seasons now.

are we as fans being 'fed a line', whilst the side is being tested out to run without it's best players? on the grounds that if it copes without them they can be loaned out with a view to a permanent move at the next window?

I guess we’ll agree to disagree. 

Enjoy the the rest of the season. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, dnhc said:

It didn't do Alex Ferguson or Manchester United too much harm to drop the likes of Beckham, van Nistelrooy and Rooney to the bench when the manager felt it necessary for the good of the team.

• Haha 1

Just now, dnhc said:

i hope we do, it's better than the alternative.

No matter what, we’ll enjoy some of it! Trick to life is letting yourself enjoy the good bits whilst learning to cope with and/or let go of the not so good! 

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It didn't do Alex Ferguson or Manchester United too much harm to drop the likes of Beckham, van Nistelrooy and Rooney to the bench when the manager felt it necessary for the good of the team.

i think they'd a bob or two to spend more than we had, and were more attractive transferwise, also may have had a slightly better second team.

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

No matter what, we’ll enjoy some of it! Trick to life is letting yourself enjoy the good bits whilst learning to cope with and/or let go of the not so good! 

relegation is way below 'not so good' before the millwall game i was talking to a fellow wednesdayite at work who said, 'i think it's going to be a long season', i thought season's when we've been relegated have been too short, not too long, as we've run out of games too soon.

I love this attitude from our manager. It means every player in the squad knows there is a chance to play if they put in the hard work every day. Any player who does not respond to that in the right way is not a player I want to play for Sheffield Wednesday: I want every player to be trusted to be brave, disciplined and strong in the 89th minute in a local derby, and equally so throughout an away game that no one fancies (Stevenage / Exeter / Burton etc). By the way, I am sure Fernando will respond in the right way. 

Work hard in training, listen to and understand what the manager expects, stick to the job you're given when you play, work hard in games all the time. That's the message. It's going to lift the value of every squad member that puts in that effort consistently.