FF Was dropped from the team

If Jos saw him at Half time Saturday FF was lucky to get on 

Wandered out no vest strolled across to the other subs who were working with the fitness guy swung his legs about half heartedly while chatting with Hutch, walked over to the youngsters who were playing a game in front of the North and Kop high fived a couple stood and watched them while the other subs ran widths and shooting sauntered to the centre of thw pitch and put a couple of half hearted shots towards the net 

If id have been one of the subs he'd have got my size ten boot right up his ring piece

55 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I agree with his work rate

But maybe he is not putting the effort in in the areas Jos wants him to play

Maybe more for himself than the team plan?

I think this is the point. Jaoa was a threat, worked in the right areas and scored 2 goals and Matias was tracking back into our box regularly, which isn’t always a feature of Nando’s game. So who should have given up his shirt to Nando?  We all love him and 4231 should suit him but he has to be aware of how the system works and work with it. 

1 minute ago, Watson said:

Two sides to that as well whilst he's tracking back, he's not primed to attack.  Apart from that, he's one of the best forwards we have for tracking back.

Yet our manager said he dropped him this morning for not working for the team :wacko: 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Yet our manager said he dropped him this morning for not working for the team :wacko: 

I was talking in general, I didn't see him at Brentford so will trust Jos's judgment, (which will no doubt please him lol). FF is by far our most potent player and yes he needs to bow to the leader but you treat special players differently.  You can replace run of the mill players easily with another run of the player, to replace special players takes more doing. 

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:
  • He’s played well end of the season.  He came into the team which was quality and stable and brought his extra quality.  He is a player who can make a difference.  This year Wigan, Hull…not so well. (the team stabilty)  Saturday last 20 minutes he does that which we ask from him. V He is one of our best players but he must know that he needs the team and the team need him, but first he must give something to the team plan and the team will then always give him everything back (in the plan). EVERY PLAYER in my team must do it with each other (collective) and not against each other . When they do that we have a very strong team. We must help each other. It’s maybe some people don’t have the feeling about that, but they need the feeling about that. Good players are good players when it’s a team. We must do it together. I am happy that he knows what I mean now and we go in a good direction. 

That last sentence. Boom!

As a previous poster said, Jos put out a statement to the players with his selection in the last two games or rather his lack of selection of certain players. I think a point has been made and a line drawn in the sand. For me it was still the bravest Wednesday team selection (Millwall) I’ve ever seen as the repercussions of a defeat could have been massive with that line up.

Suppose when you strip it all back it makes perfect sense if you believe that certain players aren’t doing what you ask of them.

• Like 1

Working for the team can be a multitude of things.

Working for the team  might be marking someone.  Working for the team can be standing in a certain area at a certain time.

Working for the team might be a set phase where people have certain patterns or movement to make.

Not always about charging about this hard work malarky.

Yeah right so Pelupessy (teachers pet) deserved to keep the shirt after being invisible at Brentford. 

Cmon

All managers and even chairmen have their favourite players - Wilson’s “Fancy Dans” were keeping us in the Premiership but according to Dave Richards BC helped ruin the club. 

No Dave no Danny - you did. 

Be careful what you wish for. Fessi along with Bannan is one of the two guys that could conceivably get into a Championship XI. We might not challenge this year with him, but we definriely won’t without him. 

This kind of needless bravado could cost us sadly and Jos badly. 

8 minutes ago, Watson said:

I was talking in general, I didn't see him at Brentford so will trust Jos's judgment, (which will no doubt please him lol). FF is by far our most potent player and yes he needs to bow to the leader but you treat special players differently.  You can replace run of the mill players easily with another run of the player, to replace special players takes more doing. 

That would make sense had we not won 2 games after he was dropped. The point Jos made is no one will be in the team based on reputation and they will have to work for the team. Forestieri is a special player yes however he doesn’t always work for the team and especially after Brentford he was correctly dropped. 

6 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Yeah right so Pelupessy (teachers pet) deserved to keep the shirt after being invisible at Brentford. 

Cmon

All managers and even chairmen have their favourite players - Wilson’s “Fancy Dans” were keeping us in the Premiership but according to Dave Richards BC helped ruin the club. 

No Dave no Danny - you did. 

Be careful what you wish for. Fessi along with Bannan is one of the two guys that could conceivably get into a Championship XI. We might not challenge this year with him, but we definriely won’t without him. 

This kind of needless bravado could cost us sadly and Jos badly. 

Joey is exempt from being dropped! Given what I have seen from Jos’ management and Joey’s overall play since he has joined, I can only think this is correct.

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

That would make sense had we not won 2 games after he was dropped. The point Jos made is no one will be in the team based on reputation and they will have to work for the team. Forestieri is a special player yes however he doesn’t always work for the team and especially after Brentford he was correctly dropped. 

If he was poor then fair enough, but as others have pointed out, other players that day were equally as bad, but I guess when FF has a bad game it's more noticeable than others.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

So he dropped our best player over a perceived lack of effort after the whole team had a stinker at Brentford? Yet players who had much worse games ie Matias and Pelupessy keep the shirt regardless? I was at Brentford and although he didn't have a good game FF was one of the few players who seemed to be actually trying to make something happen. He can be slow to track back and his body language can be a bit "mardy" but if that's a droppable offence Jos would never have played Chris Waddle. 

Except you don’t see him in training and behind the scenes like the manager does. 

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

If he was poor then fair enough, but as others have pointed out, other players that day were equally as bad, but I guess when FF has a bad game it's more noticeable than others.

Others were poor... Baker, Pudil, Hutchinson and Nuhiu who were also correctly dropped. But your basically saying Forestieri should be in the team because he’s Forestieri and that’s the sort of attitude Jos is trying to get out of the club. Nando is amazing however he needs  to work harder for the team defensively and if that’s what Jos wants then  I’m all for it.