Gary Hooper and Kieron Lee

6 hours ago, sheffwed4ever said:

Listen to the press conference he has just given( probably one of his best) he says Lee Hooper and abdi are 100% fit but need the minutes before they play in the championship, I'm assuming to build there fitness up etc 

Add Winnall to that statement & there's 4 new players. As said earlier, international break gives them 3 more weeks from now. Much stronger squad. Chuck a couple of loans in before 31st. Blimey. Off we go.

The conversation with Lee detailed above and Jos' press conference have given me a lift. These 2 arguably make up our top 5 players when fit and in form. 

Jos needs to build a team around Westwood (I know pipe dream), Lees, Hutch, Lee, Bannan, FF, Hooper. (I know that's 7 by the way)  Mix and match the rest.

If he gets a formation that brings out the best of those players we are halfway there. Yes I know Hooper & Hutch are always 1 moment away from injury (Lee prior to this was usually an ever present). But add in the up and coming 5 youngsters, the depth in the GK department, and workrate & endeavour of the majority of the remaining players, then we stand half a chance of a good season. 

God just thought - imagine if abdi actually played a game haha. The world could well end!! 

I just hope he doesn't freeze out Lee and Hooper like Westwood. Yes be careful with them, but they are your best players and if they ain't playing dog poo then they should be playing if fit. (To be fair like the others I mentioned).

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Great problems I agree.

Lee is easy. Just replaces Joey. Hooper makes life REALLY interesting for Jos.

That said, I’m sure Jos will rotate. 

Other way round surely. Joey is the only player Jos has actually brought in and is a totally different type of player to Lee, very little chance of a 1-1 swap. More likely to replace Reach.  Hooper would replace Fletcher, though if Joao continues to actually score goals, and not just look as though he might become a good player one day, it would make it more difficult

On 27/08/2018 at 09:59, Polar said:

My fear is that he won't realise just how good Kieran Lee is and we'll have a situation like we have with Westwood. His logic for not playing him is that he goes on what he's seen in his time here and his assessment is that Dawson and Wildsmith are more than capable. Pelupessey is apparently undroppable and he's not going to leave Bannan out, so where does he fit in?

Baker is improving steadily and the u21s cap midweek for Wales all be it in an unfamiliar holding midfield role, which may inadvertently help him to be better on the ball and equip him better going forward. Palmer seems to be coping pretty well too and beginning not look out of place now, so even playing as a rwb or fullback like at Oldham he's still got to get past those two. 

50 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Baker is improving steadily and the u21s cap midweek for Wales all be it in an unfamiliar holding midfield role, which may inadvertently help him to be better on the ball and equip him better going forward. Palmer seems to be coping pretty well too and beginning not look out of place now, so even playing as a rwb or fullback like at Oldham he's still got to get past those two. 

If Lee gets back fit, he walks into this side. Jos loves work-rate. Lee has that in spades, he'd find a way to fit him in.

Genuinely think we've missed Lee more than anyone else over this past 12 months +...

This is big news. Long time out I think three under 23 appearances and we will see them in the match day squad 

2 massive players if we can get them back to how they was ( and I’m confident given the way Jos approaches the injury players ) we have two players on our books that get into any teams match day squad 

huge huge step in the right direction 

good luck lads 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

Everyone's critical of the medical team when it takes months to get guys back from injury, but I don't see them getting any credit for reversing the ageing process and making some of our best players under 23 again. Typical Owlstalk. 

And I think KierOn Lee has grown a bit as well, just wish he had his own song.