Gary Hooper and Kieron Lee

Guest Jack the Hat
5 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

Listen to the press conference he has just given( probably one of his best) he says Lee Hooper and abdi are 100% fit but need the minutes before they play in the championship, I'm assuming to build there fitness up etc 

Jos needs to read OT before doing press conferences. That way he would realise that lee's career is over and he would stop embarrassing himself with contrary statements. Come on Jos get a grip! Hoopers career is also over and abdi doesn't exist. There you go fella.

1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

At this point I find I must apologise to @Holmowl (I think it was). I was convinced that on Saturday or maybe Friday evening I'd seen or read somewhere that it was planned for Hooper to feature in the under 23's next week. I may have seen or read an old bit of news when he was thought to be nearer a return than he evidently was. Sorry mate.

Haha no need at all mate. I’m a massive Hooper fan but I’m not sticking pins into an Eastleighowl voodoo doll now.

Sounds like Jos was considering an U23 match this week but has decided against. Another sign that players will be looked after far more professionally and proficiently than before.

The international break after Reading comes at a great time for our squad. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Be good to see him back out on the pitch

Imagine him and Hooper back?

Although would create a real (but good) problem for Jos of who the starting 11 would be

Great problems I agree.

Lee is easy. Just replaces Joey. Hooper makes life REALLY interesting for Jos.

That said, I’m sure Jos will rotate. 

55 minutes ago, sheffwed4ever said:

Listen to the press conference he has just given( probably one of his best) he says Lee Hooper and abdi are 100% fit but need the minutes before they play in the championship, I'm assuming to build there fitness up etc 

Has he said that? (not listened to the presser)

omg, thats really positive news!

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd be extremely surprised to see Keiran Lee ever again
I hope we do

unfortunately you may be right. been one of my favourite players for the last 4 or 5 years and a relatovely unsung hero in the majority of that time. Sad to say but I've resigned myself to the fact we may never see him again and if we do he won't quite be the same player. Really hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Stokey

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Went to watch the under 18s against Brizzle on Saturday morning, spoke to KL , who’d been doing some one on one stamina work about his return.

He said he’s just completed his first full weeks intense first team training in a very long time with no adverse effects.

Said it’s all about stamina for him now and it’s the best he’s felt in ages!

Good news for everyone!

Thank you.

Just made my day that has. 

Best news for bloody ages.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

Lee, Hooper and Abdi all training fully with main #SWFC squad. Winnall a little bit behind, but progressing really well, says Jos Luhukay. 

Brilliant news but I bet Abdi gets injured again before others. :duntmatter:

HOLD ON, there's a report coming in that hooper's sock fell on abdi, the club is awaiting X-rays.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Be good to see him back out on the pitch

Imagine him and Hooper back?

Although would create a real (but good) problem for Jos of who the starting 11 would be

When Hooper and Lee are fit and available, it shouldn't be a difficult decision really. 

Whoever is playing up front out; Hooper in. 

Whoever is playing alongside Bannan in the middle out; Lee in. 

Mind you, I'd say the same about Forestieri, but he doesn't seem to get a game despite being the best player at the club by a country mile!

And don't get me started on Westwood. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

A fully fit Kieran Lee is a managers dream, as well as being a very good footballer he's also the ultimate team player though i have my doubts whether we will ever see him fully fit again. :sad:

People doubted if we would ever see Matias fit again and four starts in a row later. Yes I better repeat that four starts in a row later. here we are.

Jos will get Hooper and Lee fit again.

Abdi would make him a miracle worker mind.

7 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Went to watch the under 18s against Brizzle on Saturday morning, spoke to KL , who’d been doing some one on one stamina work about his return.

He said he’s just completed his first full weeks intense first team training in a very long time with no adverse effects.

Said it’s all about stamina for him now and it’s the best he’s felt in ages!

Good news for everyone!

Who the f are brizzle?