Gary Hooper and Kieron Lee

6 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Went to watch the under 18s against Brizzle on Saturday morning, spoke to KL , who’d been doing some one on one stamina work about his return.

He said he’s just completed his first full weeks intense first team training in a very long time with no adverse effects.

Said it’s all about stamina for him now and it’s the best he’s felt in ages!

Good news for everyone!

1st person evidence so much better 

KL spoke very positively when asked at the owls in park, said he was fit and back playing 

seems one thing we can take  from Jos is that players only play when ready, the longer goes it goes on tho expecting to see a statement from him and club

I'm sure KL  wants to play whereas sometimes strikes me that Hooper as good as he is don't really fancy it,seems to have struggled with his with weight which must make it harder to be fit. When its like that and you don't need the cash maybe hard to keep motivated.    

14 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Went to watch the under 18s against Brizzle on Saturday morning, spoke to KL , who’d been doing some one on one stamina work about his return.

He said he’s just completed his first full weeks intense first team training in a very long time with no adverse effects.

Good news for everyone!

Be good to see him back out on the pitch

Imagine him and Hooper back?

Although would create a real (but good) problem for Jos of who the starting 11 would be

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Good news for everyone!

Depends who he was doing his one-on-one stamina work with. If it was Hooper I'd add another couple of weeks onto his return :laugh: 

• Haha 1

My fear is that he won't realise just how good Kieran Lee is and we'll have a situation like we have with Westwood. His logic for not playing him is that he goes on what he's seen in his time here and his assessment is that Dawson and Wildsmith are more than capable. Pelupessey is apparently undroppable and he's not going to leave Bannan out, so where does he fit in?

At this point I find I must apologise to @Holmowl (I think it was). I was convinced that on Saturday or maybe Friday evening I'd seen or read somewhere that it was planned for Hooper to feature in the under 23's next week. I may have seen or read an old bit of news when he was thought to be nearer a return than he evidently was. Sorry mate.

5 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

At this point I find I must apologise to @Holmowl (I think it was). I was convinced that on Saturday or maybe Friday evening I'd seen or read somewhere that it was planned for Hooper to feature in the under 23's next week. I may have seen or read an old bit of news when he was thought to be nearer a return than he evidently was. Sorry mate.

The Star article yesterday addressed that they would not play today. 

29 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

24 minutes ago, Offside_Owl said:

The Star article yesterday addressed that they would not play today. 

I've just been banging my head on the table, it hurts a lot now so i'm going for a lay down, might be back later, i'll see how it goes.