Sheffield Wednesday vs Ipswich (MDT thingy)

A very good morning to you all, especially mi’lud and others who have remedied the gaps in my Tchaikovsky knowledge.

I’m coming to the match today so be afraid, be very afraid. The last two wins I’ve seen at Hillsborough are the thrashing of Preston last season and before that beating Derby - yes, the one at the end of Carlos’ second season. This being despite the fact that I’ve seen a good chunk of matches since then. Add in that I’ve never seen us beat Ipswich and frankly I reckon you could be forgiven for arranging a mob to stop me reaching the ground tomorrow.

Assuming I do somehow make it, I’m looking forward to seeing our youngsters get more starts under their belts. Sod’s law therefore dictates that they’ll be rested for the likes of Fox and Boyd in the name of team rotation amid a tight fixture schedule. Regardless, it’ll be... interesting at the very least to see which formation we go with, as reverting to four at the back finally delivered us our first win of the season. Perhaps keeping the back four and using three in midfield could bolster us in the middle of the park and allow us to dominate the ball better? Who knows.

Anyway I’ll defer to Jos’ judgement for now, until the next time we don’t get a result, after which I have a good whinge. Another win today should be within our grasp and would do a great deal to ease the negativity and doubt around the club - possibly aided by some long-awaited new signings. Our most enjoyable season in recent memory was surely Carlos’ first at the club, and our main strength that year was a phenomenal home record, only two losses in all competitions the whole year. Let’s get underway with rebuilding Fortress Hillsborough for now and we’ll worry about those pesky away games later.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 2-1 Ipswich

(Reach 50, Nuhiu 78, Sears 84)

Edited by Groundhopping Owl
  • Like 1

Wonderfully entertaining thread as always my lord. I eagerly await the further adventures of Stubbs up the Nun's Chuff!

Prokofiev last week, Tchaikovsky this week can surely only mean one thing? Stravinsky's Firebird next week!

Great thread Snoots.

Remarkable odds. 11/8 to win at home, against a team with one point from 4 matches. Dose of reality about how we are playing.

Very hopeful today. 

Will he make changes with only 2 days recovery? I think we will see FF for Preston who took a bad knock, and Nuhiu for the still-recovering Fletcher. 

2-1 cos it’s never easy. Like to see a Fletcher winner.