Sheffield Wednesday vs Ipswich (MDT thingy)

This was the line up and how it finished the last time we actually beat the agricultural East Anglians at home, over 11 years ago. And that was despite Lenny K starting for us. Mind you look who Ipswich had up front.... We’ve played them 9times since and not won. Time for that to change! Come on Wednesday!

9B95BF1F-8EBF-4C76-A94D-855CE784A0D8.png

Well, it's finally here, first league game of the season for me and the little un. Went to Mansfield and that Spanish lot whose name I can't remember right now so hoping the league is a bit luckier. Actually excited to see what team he goes with. Why change a winning team would be my mantra but whatever it is, they get our support. Bored of FFP and s and p and m and s and b and q or whatever. Would try s and m but only light stuff to start with. 

Bring on the footy. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Well, it's finally here, first league game of the season for me and the little un. Went to Mansfield and that Spanish lot whose name I can't remember right now so hoping the league is a bit luckier. Actually excited to see what team he goes with. Why change a winning team would be my mantra but whatever it is, they get our support. Bored of FFP and s and p and m and s and b and q or whatever. Would try s and m but only light stuff to start with. 

Bring on the footy. 

Bored with FFP you say?

Fish a chips and BEANS from the chippy.

What about that?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

This is what happens when certain media moguls try to marginalise middle aged white men.

Happened in the village.

The Broken Leg of Lamb was a tied house for years.

Bought about by an independent.

Next thing the roasts are off.

All brown beers are off.

They have retained the dartboard.

But you can't retrive your arrows from it as it now has a piece of 18th century agricultural farming machinary in front of it.

There is a Singer sewing machine on top of the tank in the urinal.

Independent? Ha!

It's as formulaic as the old big monopoly breweries.

Independent but the same. I don't need a 18 year old with a waistcoat and a top knot to tell me what beer should taste like.

It makes me sick.

Fortunatley Mrs Wankskill still runs a proper pub.

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

This was the line up and how it finished the last time we actually beat the agricultural East Anglians at home, over 11 years ago. And that was despite Lenny K starting for us. Mind you look who Ipswich had up front.... We’ve played them 9times since and not won. Time for that to change! Come on Wednesday!

9B95BF1F-8EBF-4C76-A94D-855CE784A0D8.png

Remember it well: we were on a late, unlikely charge for the playoffs.

Jeffers actually played really well for them and hit the post with a free kick, leading me to think his subsequent signing for us could be a good move.

I was wrong.

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

Happened in the village.

The Broken Leg of Lamb was a tied house for years.

Bought about by an independent.

Next thing the roasts are off.

All brown beers are off.

They have retained the dartboard.

But you can't retrive your arrows from it as it now has a piece of 18th century agricultural farming machinary in front of it.

There is a Singer sewing machine on top of the tank in the urinal.

Independent? Ha!

It's as formulaic as the old big monopoly breweries.

Independent but the same. I don't need a 18 year old with a waistcoat and a top knot to tell me what beer should taste like.

It makes me sick.

Fortunatley Mrs Wankskill still runs a proper pub.

Went to the butcher this morning for tomorrow's joint...

Hello stranger.. haven't seen you for a bit.

Yeah.. I've been away.

Same in the greengrocer..same in the breadshop.

I know full well that I'm a reactionary bore..but I like this carry on.

Quality mdt as per. Loving the stirring music. Found myself listening with eyes closed, rolling my fingers along the invisible keyboard a la Dr Lecter.

The arrival of the black swan when the brass section booms in must be our Warrior coming on as a sub. An emotional tear arrives at the thought of the eldest granddaughter practicing her ballet twirls to said tune.

Would love a cheeky slurp at the Nun's but the residue around the gob would give me away! Hilarious nonsense. Nice to know Stubbs back on form.

Anyway. Bogey team? Pah. There to be beaten. We usually just get firing before an England break. 2-1 again. UTO.

• Like 2

Sun is shining, all is well, buoyed by Wednesday night hoping for another win, but this is Wednesday we're talking about.

If we apply ourselves with the same energy, tempo and commitment can see a 3-1 victory. However of we revert to type maybe 1-1?

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Sun is shining, all is well, buoyed by Wednesday night hoping for another win, but this is Wednesday we're talking about.

If we apply ourselves with the same energy, tempo and commitment can see a 3-1 victory. However of we revert to type maybe 1-1?

You're not the only one on here who's unsure...there was an absolute plank on earlier who thought MM was still at Ipswich and still spouting off..... pathetic.

• Haha 3