You might think im being harsh

The choices that we have for full back are not capable of playing in an attacking wing back style. Niether Palmer or any other potential wingbacks that we have,  have the ability to go past anyone and put a crosses in regularly enough so they turn back and makes the easy pass back, (loosing any forward momentum) to a central defender who when put under pressure pass back to the goalkeeper who in the end lumps it forward. If Reach plays wing back he is exposed for his defensive capabilities.

The thing is why can't our head coach see what is happening?

9 hours ago, full fathom five said:

after a victory but youngsters or not, cup match or not, Jos's tactics and style of play have me deeply concerned.

I was hopeful that Jos would have us as a very, very fit and well disciplined side to compensate for our obvious shortcomings in many key areas to at least give us something to cling to and maybe build upon. He's done neither. Unfortunately we are playing a negative style of what could be a positive system. Our center halfs and goalkeeper have got to be so much more comfortable in possession than what they are. Our fullbacks have got to be more proactive in both outnumbering our opponents in midfield with positive forwards movement and be able to go beyond our midfield when required, NOT turn back and pass on responsibility to others.

Bannan has got to stop coming back to the edge of our penalty area and fannying about with the ball and putting us under pressure once he loses it in an area where quality sides will punish us.

We are a side that lacks identity, funds or not that's the least i expected from Jos, at least put your stamp on the team.

We are in serious trouble and Jos won't lead us to DCs laughable promotion.

Its a very good post pal. You’ve being downvoted for being negative but it’s pretty much spot on.

We do lack an identity and we are such a predictable and one paced team at the moment. In my opinion, we do need to play to our strengths and go with a front 3 and I’d play Joao and Ff either side of a central striker. This will give us pace and movement and we will be difficult to play against.

Your comment about defenders being uncomfortable in possession is interesting and one that Id thought of last night. The back 3 demands defenders being able to start attacks. I’m wondering whether we should go 4-3-3 and play Lees and Pudil in the centre and bring our best prospect, Jordan Thorniley in at conventional left back. I’d bring Hutch in at defensive midfield allowing Bannan to play higher up the pitch.

These are my thoughts but again, I’m still not sure on whether Jos can get this group motivated or challenged enough to have any serious attempt of reaching a playoff position.

9 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

This result, although pleasing will probably have little effect on the rest of the season.

Really not worth throwing any toys out just yet,

Enjoy the ride like always

Quite, but I suppose the main worry would be, the timid tactics, and against a league one side What I hoped to see, was a Wednesday side getting on the front foot, and taking the game to the opposition In reality though, Jos has only ever done that once, in the final game of last season In every other game, he’s set the side up with practically a back five

10 hours ago, full fathom five said:

after a victory but youngsters or not, cup match or not, Jos's tactics and style of play have me deeply concerned.

I was hopeful that Jos would have us as a very, very fit and well disciplined side to compensate for our obvious shortcomings in many key areas to at least give us something to cling to and maybe build upon. He's done neither. Unfortunately we are playing a negative style of what could be a positive system. Our center halfs and goalkeeper have got to be so much more comfortable in possession than what they are. Our fullbacks have got to be more proactive in both outnumbering our opponents in midfield with positive forwards movement and be able to go beyond our midfield when required, NOT turn back and pass on responsibility to others.

Bannan has got to stop coming back to the edge of our penalty area and fannying about with the ball and putting us under pressure once he loses it in an area where quality sides will punish us.

We are a side that lacks identity, funds or not that's the least i expected from Jos, at least put your stamp on the team.

Wouldn’t get too concerned about last night. Only Lees Bannan and Reach are likely to start next game.

On reflection I was encouraged by the performances of Nielsen Kirby and Penney. Handled carefully they. Will develop into good players.

10 hours ago, full fathom five said:

I think you are being harsh

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Anything above 16th position for me will be a bonus.

I don't think he's got the tools available to achieve anything else.

I am reasonably sure we will finish quite a bit higher than 16th lol

Does anyone know if Jos has brought young players through at his previous clubs. At the moment he seems to be getting credit for doing something he has little choice over. He has to play the your lads and if nobody is coming in and we did have injuries he will as he said after the game. 

He's right to bring them through but the credit if faulse if it's only because he has no other option.

I'm still on the fence...I would prefer a more attacking outlook, especially last Saturday against Hull,

But..

For someone to say a manager "Hasn't put his stamp" on the side..when that particular manager can't buy any players..is plain f.ookin' daft

Edited by asteener1867

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

I would absolutely take 16th now and get this season over with.

It’s a little early to be wanting the season over isn’t it - especially when we could be in an even worse position next season. :duntmatter:

19 minutes ago, Spookone said:

It’s a little early to be wanting the season over isn’t it - especially when we could be in an even worse position next season.

It's a season of transition, regardless of embargo. So, this today, will hopefully be a reality check and we can lower our expectations considerably.