What a wonderful sight..!!!!!!

Would love to see 2 or 3 of them in every match day team this season - The fans expectations are already quite low, and in a market where average Championship level players are selling at £10m, our future sits well and truly with these young lads. They already look at least league one quality, so 10-15 games at Championship level each, with the right coaching, could see us with a handful of Championship quality, young local lads, for next to no expense

Guest Grez Bez
25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Absolutey stoked for these lads

imagine if we can build a promotion winning side with these lads?

Edited by Grez Bez

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

he is a monster of a lad , though I wouldn't feel confident if someone with a bit of trickery ran at him , though he could well be a regular for us in the future 

I agree, although I'd say that the advantage of a back three is that we can shift players around the back line to give Nielsen an easier assignment if need be.

I'm thrilled with the renewed focus on youth, but honestly...ok, Jos deserves SOME credit for not chucking his toys out the pram and walking away immediately upon seeing the crazy hospital circus that was last year. A fair bit of credit, actually.

But, uh, if he doesn't play the academy lads and he can't sign anyone else...who's he gonna give a shirt to? Come on.

Very well done the U23s and U18s for absolutely nailing their jobs last couple of years.

Jos seems like a sensible and smart chap, but the notion that he's masterminded some sort of genius grassroots approach is basically ridiculous.

He turned up outta nowhere, was given a handful of chewed-up Sunday lunch leftovers, and told to make a passable dinner for 23k people RIGHT NOW or EVERYTHING IS RUINED FOR EVER.

Full respect to him, he's done very well using literally the only larder he had. I'm excited to see what he can do with a full squad of decent fit players. If he ever gets one. Best of luck to him, he's a massive masochist but I'm more than happy to let him have a crack at steadying the ship if he can, seems like a good egg.

Edited by Mr. Tom

10 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Would be great to see young Westwood get a crack too :ph34r:

No chance..he’s been injured and the manager hasn’t seen him play and he likes giving youngsters a chance.  

Fletcher playing instead of Joao on the other hand.. 

11 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

Personally thought it was absolutely fantastic to see so many youngster/academy lads in the first time tonight. Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many many in a Match day squad & starting

JL does deserve a lot of credit for this, he has trusted them and they are coming through the ranks, great to see

the futures bright, the future is blue & white

And they were as good in their attitude off the ball, as they were on the ball...

At least one good thing has come out of this transfer embargo, and I hope the club continues to utilise the youth team in years to come.

It has to be a bonus for any young lad who might have five offers of a professional contract on the table from similar clubs and sees how many youngsters have come through the ranks at our club recently.  

15 hours ago, handworth52 said:

why not give penney a run ,he can put a decent ball in too , don't know whats up with boyd 

Been doing a carpet fitting course to prepare for retirement. Spends more time on the floor than my Lino.

Edited by mark1948
Typo

Seeing young lads who've come through the ranks and go out there with the first eleven is just such a psychological boost for everyone.

It brings everyone together and their natural enthusiasm outweighs their nervous moments and should shame some of our tossoff merchants into following their example and remembering where they came from.

20 hours ago, bigsheff said:

Who’d have thought it... Penney a left back looking decent at left back rather than an awkward looking Boyd.

Its about time Jos starts putting some round pegs in round holes in the league too

Best thing with Penney is he’s a winger who’s moved to full back, he can cross and defend, that’s what a wing back should be able to do.