Nixon comments

5 minutes ago, Lord Nilsson said:

Just says we’ve offered him good money to stay

Was expecting some news on incomings .fully expecy bannan to sign not even worried about it

28 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If he doesn’t sign a new deal he should be sold in January. We can’t afford to let him walk away for free in the summer.

Agreed. No more holding onto players. It would be a big loss, the best player we have, but we need to start to see a return on some of our investments rather than letting them drift away for nothing.

I never for one minute thought we would be asking him to take a 10% reduction and expecting him to sign. That would be slightly hypocritical.

old nicco classic. Journalism at its highest standards.

that said I bet he sold at least 5 papers from our lot with the tweet 

Edited by fpowl

It's a lot of money.

Especially considering our current predicament with FFP.

However, Bannan has been one player who has been consistently reliable, both performance wise, and injury wise (only had the one injury which kept him out last season).

He's our best player at present, and with the likes of Abdi, Boyd, Westwood and Lee likely to be leaving at the end of the season, the club probably think they'll have enough wiggle room to ensure one of our most prized assets remains at the club.

Also, a player of Bannan's quality will go from been worth £1m to £12-15m overnight, as soon as the contract is signed. Probably makes sense, in the grand scheme of things. 

The only thing Nixon's article has told me is since CC and Doyen went his supply of info on club has declined sharply.

Since this time he has become more tetchy about Wednesday in his comments.

Also likes all things Scottish and has strong bias this way in all predictions and comments on players. 

31 minutes ago, Quist said:

The only thing Nixon's article has told me is since CC and Doyen went his supply of info on club has declined sharply.

Since this time he has become more tetchy about Wednesday in his comments.

Also likes all things Scottish and has strong bias this way in all predictions and comments on players. 

He is a very angry man...which is excacerbated every time he gets asked for any SWFC related news on Twitter, because he's lost his little mole and is reminded of how insiginifcant he really is.  

:cool: