Who will be our top scorer next season?

5 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

deary me you are confident.

Any reason why none of our strikers will get 15 goals?

Saying forestieri will score over 20 goals is silly , of course he won’t . 

Hooper will be injured again for most of it and the prediction for joao and nuihu is about right ( tbf I think joao is capable of hitting 15/16 but don’t think jos will start him every week. 

For me that will be a good return for a mid table championship side 

19 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Big Dave 

Do you have difficulty pronouncing or spelling his real name ?

He has said he doesn't like to be called by that name........

On behalf of Atdhe Nuhiu,  I would like to take the opportunity to request that you desist from using this silly name, in future.

Thank you.

Signed,        A well wisher.

lol

Here’s last season:-

Nuhiu 14

Hooper 11

Joao 9

Rhodes 7

Forestieri 5

Fletcher 3

Matias 1

Winnall 1

This 51 goals was way better than the more successful 16/17 season.

I think this season will also see the goals spread around the forwards. None of forwards played anywhere near half a season last year, so to guess our top scorer is really dependent on this year’s injuries.

The really great news is that all of our most likely forwards, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Joao and Nuhiu have had recent periods when they have been full of goals. If Jos can look after them, and plays similar adventurous football to the back end, I think this group of superb Championship forwards will bag more than enough.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Here’s last season:-

Nuhiu 14

Hooper 11

Joao 9

Rhodes 7

Forestieri 5

Fletcher 3

Matias 1

Winnall 1

This 51 goals was way better than the more successful 16/17 season.

I think this season will also see the goals spread around the forwards. None of forwards played anywhere near half a season last year, so to guess our top scorer is really dependent on this year’s injuries.

The really great news is that all of our most likely forwards, Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Joao and Nuhiu have had recent periods when they have been full of goals. If Jos can look after them, and plays similar adventurous football to the back end, I think this group of superb Championship forwards will bag more than enough.

Love the prospect of a bit of friendly competition between 2,3 or more of our forwards trying to out do each other. 

Also agree it’s great that all the forwards have scored goals and proved that each can do a job at this level. Our forward pool is as deep as you’ll find at this level and I wouldn’t be upset with our 6th and 7th choice pairing which in comparison of recent Jean spells is a welcome change. 

6 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Love the prospect of a bit of friendly competition between 2,3 or more of our forwards trying to out do each other. 

Also agree it’s great that all the forwards have scored goals and proved that each can do a job at this level. Our forward pool is as deep as you’ll find at this level and I wouldn’t be upset with our 6th and 7th choice pairing which in comparison of recent Jean spells is a welcome change. 

We are signing Jean Spells from Bordeaux? Great news.

No, I agree. Lets be honest Joao and Nuhiu were 6th and 7th choice and their partnership was off the scale. It does bode well.

22 hours ago, Gildowl said:

As individual figures go they would be pretty acceptable, but 60 goals won't be any where enough for the play offs. Really do need a decent input from midfield - Reach, Hannah, Lee (hopefully) etc.

If Jos tightens up the defence, a few 1-0 results could be possible, very George Graham’s Arsenal I know, but three points is three points.