Our star players are ageing....

Fessi, Bannan, Westwood, Hutchinson, Hooper, Lee, Nuhiu, Fletcher to name just a few will all be 29 years old and over come the January transfer window in 2019.

Missing out on promotion for the past 3 years has cost us.

Yes if we got promoted we would have a different team in the PL, but if we dont go up ASAP. It will cost a fortune to replace these calibre of players to get out of the Championship...

2 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

I don't think it's just our star players mate.

I think it's all of them even the under 23s.

I even have a strong suspicion that even some of the fan Base may be aging too.

FFS.

im-not.gif?w=650

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Fessi, Bannan, Westwood, Hutchinson, Hooper, Lee, Nuhiu, Fletcher to name just a few will all be 29 years old and over come the January transfer window in 2019.

Missing out on promotion for the past 3 years has cost us.

Yes if we got promoted we would have a different team in the PL, but if we dont go up ASAP. It will cost a fortune to replace these calibre of players to get out of the Championship...

Think it would be wiser to take the hit than cash in - some good players there hitting Their prime. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

Pretty sure we don’t have to spend big to replace the names mentioned in the OP. We’ve done ok over the years picking up some decent players pretty cheaply. Lee, Nuhiu, Westwood, Hutch, Bannan, Pelupessy, Lees, Joao. How many of those broke the bank?

As for age, Waddle, Viv, and Trevor were all in their 30’s when they rocked up at Hillsborough. Don’t look at 30 as a best before date.

It’s simple really. Utilize players while they are useful to the team. Don’t be concerned about cashing in.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

29 gives them 3 good years left AT LEAST. More than three years ago we didn’t even have the vast majority of our best players now. Or even really imagine we’d ever get them.

Honestly, sometimes I think the worst thing about our two good seasons in 15 is how crazily fast we forgot what it’s like to be going nowhere, treading water.

If people are genuinely worried about this right now then I really can’t imagine how you’ve spent most of the last 20 years feeling.

I straight-up refuse to care about them being 29 next year AT ALL. Let’s worry about it in 24 months if we’ve signed literally nobody else by then, eh?

Good grief guys! UTO, good season incoming I can feel it.

lol

Edited by Mr. Tom

34 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

When did this ageing thing start?

Dunno mate but it's typical of our fan base to criticise our own players for aging.

But let other squads get away with it and don't seem to even notice or care.

I blame parachute payments.

FFS.

Dunno about you but before Jos revitalised us, the rest of last season and the previous one felt like they aged me at least a couple of decades. :ph34r::carlos:By the look of some of our performances and our fitness and injury issues it seemed like it had a similar effect on the majority of our players. But now that Chansiri and Jos have repaired the space - time continuum, which was upset by the Carlos effect and the stripeless paradox. Just watch us go, once Chansiri refinds his sports almanac. :ph34r::ghoulguy:

1 hour ago, Neal M said:

Pretty sure we don’t have to spend big to replace the names mentioned in the OP. We’ve done ok over the years picking up some decent players pretty cheaply. Lee, Nuhiu, Westwood, Hutch, Bannan, Pelupessy, Lees, Joao. How many of those broke the bank?

As for age, Waddle, Viv, and Trevor were all in their 30’s when they rocked up at Hillsborough. Don’t look at 30 as a best before date.

It’s simple really. Utilize players while they are useful to the team. Don’t be concerned about cashing in.

It worked for Fergie. He knew when a player was getting past his best and got shut of them , no matter how big a name they were. 

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It worked for Fergie. He knew when a player was getting past his best and got shut of them , no matter how big a name they were. 

Ronaldo and Pogba being a prime examples.

FFS.

• Haha 3