Our star players are ageing....

7 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Handbag?

Are you 12 and that is why 29 is such an old age?

FFS.

Maybe you missed something last season....

Fessi, Bannan, Hutchinson, Lee, Westwood, Hooper, Loovens, Fletcher, Hunt, Wallace all got injured.......

Not one of them is below 28.....

If we dont go up in the next 2 seasons some of these will need replacing at a cost that we cannot afford. 

Edited by CF83OWL

5 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Maybe you missed something last season....

Fessi, Bannan, Hutchinson, Lee, Westwood, Hooper, Loovens, Fletcher, Hunt, Wallace all got injured.......

Not one of them is below 28.....

If we dont go up in the next 2 seasons some of these will need replacing at a cost that we cannot afford. 

So you also believe that the injuries last season were purely age related?

And I can safely assume that you believe that only players over 28 have time out injured.

Is this correct?

FFS.

Just now, Hawkowl said:

So you also believe that the injuries last season were purely age related?

And I can safely assume that you believe that only players over 28 have time out injured.

Is this correct?

FFS.

It is not all age related, it does depend on the player, the league they play in, how often they play....but this league we are in is very physical with 46 games played. 

You cant deny that to replace Bannan, Lee, Hutch isnt gonna cost us money to replace like for like.  

These players are only getting older and injuries kick in and sometimes never go away.

28 is not old for joe public, but 28 is when you think a player may only have 2-3 years left at his peak if they do not get injured, which all of them did and have done a lot recently (Hutch & Lee).

2 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

It is not all age related, it does depend on the player, the league they play in, how often they play....but this league we are in is very physical with 46 games played. 

You cant deny that to replace Bannan, Lee, Hutch isnt gonna cost us money to replace like for like.  

These players are only getting older and injuries kick in and sometimes never go away.

28 is not old for joe public, but 28 is when you think a player may only have 2-3 years left at his peak if they do not get injured, which all of them did and have done a lot recently (Hutch & Lee).

So the youth team players are now there because of FFP.

Last seasons injuries are not necessarily age related. 

Unfortunately if you believe we can easily replace the likes of Bannan etc  for nothing you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

28 is not old for Joe public, nor is it old for a professional sportsman properly looked after and kept fit.

In fact I think you will find a lot of people would consider this to be the peak age for a footballer apart from goalkeepers who some would consider still on their way up.

Hutch is a poor example for your point as he had already retired once through injury in his early twenties.

FFS. 

23 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Unfortunately if you believe we can easily replace the likes of Bannan etc  for nothing you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Have you been drinking all day mate?

Cuz I have clearly stated that replacing these players would cost an arm and a leg and cause issues for FFP.

45 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

4 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Have you been drinking all day mate?

Cuz I have clearly stated that replacing these players would cost an arm and a leg and cause issues for FFP.

I must apologise my illiterate friend.

When I read your statement "isn't going to cost us money" I naturally assumed that you meant it would not cost us anything.

I think it may be CUZ I have little understanding of your pidgin English and inability to use common grammar, that this misunderstanding occurred.

FFS.

47 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

I must apologise my illiterate friend.

When I read your statement "isn't going to cost us money" I naturally assumed that you meant it would not cost us anything.

I think it may be CUZ I have little understanding of your pidgin English and inability to use common grammar, that this misunderstanding occurred.

FFS.

Read what I said again slowly.....

FFS

On 06/07/2018 at 21:51, CF83OWL said:

Fessi, Bannan, Westwood, Hutchinson, Hooper, Lee, Nuhiu, Fletcher to name just a few will all be 29 years old and over come the January transfer window in 2019.

Missing out on promotion for the past 3 years has cost us.

Yes if we got promoted we would have a different team in the PL, but if we dont go up ASAP. It will cost a fortune to replace these calibre of players to get out of the Championship...

??????????  You expect people to get younger? 

On 06/07/2018 at 21:58, Hawkowl said:

I don't think it's just our star players mate.

I think it's all of them even the under 23s.

I even have a strong suspicion that even some of the fan Base may be aging too.

FFS.

Just reading some of the utter dross that's put on here is more than enough to shorten my life expectancy by a good few years. :Pelupessy:

• Haha 1

On 07/07/2018 at 11:01, Buxtongent said:

Are any of us gettig younger?   If so, let me nw the secet. As someone else pointed out, fror oncein along time at S6 we have included someof the better youngsters n withn the aging stars  As my old Dad was wont to say 'If anything licks a good  old 'un it's a goody oung 'un''

Having said that, how many of us would have been prepared to play any of our U23'sahead of  FF?

Alll players age. The ideal scenario is bringing in the youngsters alondside the old 'Uns.

I tried a very similar approach chatting up a charming young blonde girl on a stag do in Benidorm. As I'd had a few to drink I think the words came out of my mouth just like you had written them as I proceeded to get mi todger out. Now I wouldn't normally try this direct approach, unless I'm down Barnsley like, but yeah your dad was right.