Our star players are ageing....

Aging is a good thing. When it stops you are dead.

29 isn't old, when they are 33 or 34 you need to start thinking of getting replacements. Players with blistering pace tend to lose it at a younger age, as we don't have any players with blistering pace we should be ok.

Some of you are not getting the point here...

Fessi - 29
Bannan - 29
Westwood - 34
Hutchinson - 29
Hooper - 31
Lee - 31
Nuhiu - 29
Fletcher - 31

Come the January transfer window these are the ages of the above.

Now, if we do not make it to the PL this season and any of these players get injuries again this season as they did last season. I expect next summer we will see many of these depart, if not before. Maybe Nuhiu is the acception here as he just has signed a new contract and is coming into his own. 

I am really happy we have these players, do not get me wrong. They have my total support, but it is no coincidence that 8 youth players were training with the first team recently. 

Edited by CF83OWL

Are any of us gettig younger?   If so, let me nw the secet. As someone else pointed out, fror oncein along time at S6 we have included someof the better youngsters n withn the aging stars  As my old Dad was wont to say 'If anything licks a good  old 'un it's a goody oung 'un''

Having said that, how many of us would have been prepared to play any of our U23'sahead of  FF?

Alll players age. The ideal scenario is bringing in the youngsters alondside the old 'Uns.

I have noticed that since I started supporting Wednesday 57 years ago, I too have aged. The fact  that I look 70 years older now than I did then is probably due to the roller-coaster ride that the Owls have inflicted upon me. Still, WTID or should it be WTISA (Wednesday 'til I stop ageing)?

16 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Fessi, Bannan, Westwood, Hutchinson, Hooper, Lee, Nuhiu, Fletcher to name just a few will all be 29 years old and over come the January transfer window in 2019.

Missing out on promotion for the past 3 years has cost us.

Yes if we got promoted we would have a different team in the PL, but if we dont go up ASAP. It will cost a fortune to replace these calibre of players to get out of the Championship...

i've some very bad news for you, WE ALL ARE.

By the time your 28 your fully developed as a man.....

From Birth, child, teenager, young man etc you are growing then you reach manhood and you are ageing.....then the decline happens...sad but true.

Edited by CF83OWL

12 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Some of you are not getting the point here...

Fessi - 29
Bannan - 29
Westwood - 34
Hutchinson - 29
Hooper - 31
Lee - 31
Nuhiu - 29
Fletcher - 31

Come the January transfer window these are the ages of the above.

Now, if we do not make it to the PL this season and any of these players get injuries again this season as they did last season. I expect next summer we will see many of these depart, if not before. Maybe Nuhiu is the acception here as he just has signed a new contract and is coming into his own. 

I am really happy we have these players, do not get me wrong. They have my total support, but it is no coincidence that 8 youth players were training with the first team recently. 

And you genuinely believe that the youth team players are there because the squad is aging?

FCOL.

FFS.