Can we stop the hate on our own players please

What people seem to have forgotten is Palmer is not a right back, he’s a midfielder and is much more comfortable there, credit to the lad for his efforts in defence. We paid good money fo Hunt who for me is no better than Palmer.

8 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

its not hate  ,its called critism ,every player in world football gets it even messi,if you don't like it fella 

get yaself to bible camp

Absolutely no problem with criticism. I have however got a problem with people who constantly jump on a band wagon in a vain attempt to make it look like they know what they are talking about and end up just making themselves look stupid to pretty much everyone but themselves whilst actively making the atmosphere at our club worse and therefore hurting themselves in the process.

Balance in all things

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Absolutely no problem with criticism. I have however got a problem with people who constantly jump on a band wagon in a vain attempt to make it look like they know what they are talking about and end up just making themselves look stupid to pretty much everyone but themselves whilst actively making the atmosphere at our club worse and therefore hurting themselves in the process.

Balance in all things

Couldn’t agree more! The level of abuse is toxic st times, and really uncalled for. I don’t know how 20 years of hurt has developed or created such delusions of grandeur. You’d think if nothing else we’d have learnt to except and love those who give their all. 

Palmer like Nuhiu and Semedo before that I’d wager are or were on far less than most of our squad, they are not starters, they never moan, always play when needed from standing starts. If play we’ll likely dropped when ‘better’ players back. 

These players are at best under appreciated by most, but disrespected by a few. 

• Like 1

Totally agree with this, he's being lined up to be our new scapegoat when things go wrong by some supporters..

Palmer is far from greatest right back we've had but he's always given 100% when he's played.

If he plays get behind lad, he's one of our own.

1 hour ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Every other post in the Hunt thread has a dig at Liam Palmer. He's our longest serving player, a youth product and has done us proud when called upon despite being asked to completely change his position.

By all means say that you want more cover at right back, that you think Baker has potential etc but the constant slagging off of our own doesn't do us any favours. 

Worth noting that it's the same people who refused to believe that Nuhiu or Joao could do a job for us that seem to hate on Palmer too. Some of you just want to hate

Get behind Jos and the boys and we can have a great season.

Sorry, rant over.

Not a rant, impassioned argument, well said. 

Am I allowed to say I think Baker looks a better right back than LP.

LP is adequate cover, and a good servant to the club.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Every other post in the Hunt thread has a dig at Liam Palmer. He's our longest serving player, a youth product and has done us proud when called upon despite being asked to completely change his position.

By all means say that you want more cover at right back, that you think Baker has potential etc but the constant slagging off of our own doesn't do us any favours. 

Worth noting that it's the same people who refused to believe that Nuhiu or Joao could do a job for us that seem to hate on Palmer too. Some of you just want to hate

Get behind Jos and the boys and we can have a great season.

Sorry, rant over.

Totally agree with the sentiment but unfortunately hate and anger is where it seems to be at for a lot of folk these days.

You'll also notice that there is far less energy invested in love and positivity from these types of folk.

Having said all that, he is a bitshit though sometimes but he is a Championship squad player and "one of our own" so no need to be so nasty but this sort shout at old ladies for getting in the way of the Walnut Whips.

A lot of fans need to have at least one player to hate. 

In our case it's usually someone like Palmer, Reach etc. 

I find it a bit weird, but it has been going on for as long as I can remember. 

Just look at Raheem Sterling right now for England. Public Enemy Number One. 

It's all a bit sinister imo.