Hirst Snr

5 minutes ago, bobness said:

Calm down son. Of course Scrappy is an abomination. I was only trying to turn the Hirst-senior thread into another recipe swapping discussion.

But that cannot be true my man.

As neither corn beef or spam pie are recipes.

They are in fact abominations of the culinary world.

FFS.

9 hours ago, dc88 said:

I was like this. Then I met him.

Total stroker, imho.

Sad but true.

Remember him on the pitch and nowt more.

Met Hirst once circa 2012

Made fun of my inability to take a photo on an iPhone.

My fat-fingeredness aside, he was dead to me from then on.

Kind Regards,

Grudges Die Hard

18 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I am also gutted. The thing that I am gutted about is that David Hirst doesn't want his son playing for us because there are better options. I totally agree there are much better options out there. We are a championship side with too many strikers. Because we have spent so long out of the prem we are no longer a big enough club for George to be playing in the reserves - and because of the strikers we have he is unlikely to get the breakthrough. He may fall flat on his face but he has to give it a try, or he will never know. Hirst senior regrets not playing for Man Utd and doesn't want George doing the same. I don't blame him for that at all. Still I am sad that I don't get to watch him develop into whatever striker he can be because his dad was simply fantastic - a complete striker.

Spot on 

18 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

I am also gutted. The thing that I am gutted about is that David Hirst doesn't want his son playing for us because there are better options. I totally agree there are much better options out there. We are a championship side with too many strikers. Because we have spent so long out of the prem we are no longer a big enough club for George to be playing in the reserves - and because of the strikers we have he is unlikely to get the breakthrough. He may fall flat on his face but he has to give it a try, or he will never know. Hirst senior regrets not playing for Man Utd and doesn't want George doing the same. I don't blame him for that at all. Still I am sad that I don't get to watch him develop into whatever striker he can be because his dad was simply fantastic - a complete striker.

Spot on.  Unfortunately it's the fans who feel the most hurt out of a disagreement between the Hirsts and Chansiri. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I think the obsession with the Hirst situation is unhealthy.

We should concentrate on the Club and its future not worry about David Hirst or his son.

Lets move on ffs.

Wont taint the great memories of Hirsty in his pomp. Power pace and energy. Sadly we will have no memories of his son but thats football and this club moves on. 

21 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I have lived in Manchester my whole life, with my dad born in Sheffield. As a youngster I flirted with both the Manchester sides, but in around 1996 my dad showed me a video tape of the Back in division 1 video tape (with the yellow box).

We were un-real that year, finishing I think third in the league and beating Man U with a Nigel Jemson brace.

I not only thought that I was watching the current Wednesday team when I wasn't, and I also didn't quite understand the concept of replays, and I therefore though we were winning every game around 10 nil. 

This, along with the performances and goals of a certain David Hirst, decided my fate, and resigned me to a life time of supporting Wednesday.

After recent affairs, how do others feel about David Hirst? I am hurt, disappointed, and feel like the foundation of my love for Wednesday has been ripped from under me.

Do we think Hirst and Pearson have spoken? 

Has Pearson done really quite badly by us or has he done his job?

Im walking round like a ghost, unable to think straight. I dont know where I am.

Not sure about Manchester , but ShoreHAM street perhaps now  ???

It's a bit obvious isn't it. David you're fired from the club for drinking too much free booze (cost to SWFC 100 quid per week).

Decides his son will never play for SWFC. Doyen put a ridiculously high request on table. DC loses it and bans G Hirst from the club. 

In short, if we'd have let Snr continue to have the run of Hillsborough booze wise we'd have a 10m asset on our hands but instead we took a stand and saved ourselves 30 points of John Smiths per week.

Well played DC you've proved no one messed with you.

• Haha 2

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
49 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

It's a bit obvious isn't it. David you're fired from the club for drinking too much free booze (cost to SWFC 100 quid per week).

Decides his son will never play for SWFC. Doyen put a ridiculously high request on table. DC loses it and bans G Hirst from the club. 

In short, if we'd have let Snr continue to have the run of Hillsborough booze wise we'd have a 10m asset on our hands but instead we took a stand and saved ourselves 30 points of John Smiths per week.

Well played DC you've proved no one messed with you.

Surely £50m asset? Does DH only drink three times a week these days too?

A little storey about Hirsty 25 years or so my mate was in Majorca with his mrs. Sat on the beach in his wednesday shirt when 2 beers arrive. Asks how come waiter points to a group of blokes sat at bar. 20 minutes latet 2 more arrive. Looks up one of group waves. Thinks better go say cheers and finds Hirsty sat there. Offers to buy a round and told no chance. While were here your beers paid for. 4 pints later has to go with mrs while Hirstys group still sat on afternoon sesh. Top bloke no prima donna.