Hirst Snr

Is he actually that good?

Maybe he will be but people seem to be getting upset when he may only end up a decent league one striker.

I'd have liked him to stay but being hirstys son is no guarantee of success.

Surely if he was the next Rooney the club would have played him and thrown cash at him to stay.

On 27/06/2018 at 15:03, MAL said:

I have been in the company of DH a few times.

Never knew what you were going to get, from one meeting to another.

It was something like split personalities or BiPolar Disorder.

Or 1 pint vs 5?

7 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

A little storey about Hirsty 25 years or so my mate was in Majorca with his mrs. Sat on the beach in his wednesday shirt when 2 beers arrive. Asks how come waiter points to a group of blokes sat at bar. 20 minutes latet 2 more arrive. Looks up one of group waves. Thinks better go say cheers and finds Hirsty sat there. Offers to buy a round and told no chance. While were here your beers paid for. 4 pints later has to go with mrs while Hirstys group still sat on afternoon sesh. Top bloke no prima donna.

Another story and this one is true, I've never met him.  Not once. Seen him play but never met him.

True story. 

9 hours ago, bdmfournil said:

David Brooks is a full international and top championship player. George Hirst played against Cambridge Utd in League Cup and was gash

Both of them have bags of ability. It speaks volumes about Sheffield football that we can't hold on real talent.

What the Hirsts have done leaves a sour taste, but wasting 30 grand a week on Fletcher and 30 grand week on Rhodes and wasting a bit more on Abdi doesn't help the mood.

Lets hope DC learns. Quickly.