Hirst Snr

41 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

There are many examples of sporting legends that are not nice people. 

Ty Cobb was a legend of baseball but a truly awful human being by all accounts. 

As others have said we don’t know to what extent Hirst Snr brokered this deal. I will always hold him in the highest esteem for his achievements with us as a player but am not naive enough to think he would never go against the club. 

It’s well known he still bares a grudge for not getting his own big money move to Man Utd. It’s safe to say he won’t be seen around Hillsborough while DC is still chairman. At least you would think so anyway.

Whats done is done. Wouldn’t it be good if Boroukov went on to be a star and George ended up in the conference? 

The Belgium Conference lol

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, striker said:

I have listened to Nigel Pearson speak about us on a number of occasions and didn't expect anything else from him, he speaks as if he couldn't give a throw about the club.

Pearson is an odd character.  I've got a mate who swears blind he has had in for us ever since Ron got the boot second time around when he was gonna come in as protégé. 

Bit far fetched. But we're are a paranoid bunch us football supporters.  Him signing Ben Marshall for them and then hardly playing him when we were trying to get another loan from Stoke only fuelled me mates theory.

Never know the truth. 

The ostrich thing I found funny though. Nice to see am rounds manager go in blind and swinging than the usual media trained platitides

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

It's clear from the anniversary dinner that Pearson still has a lot affection for us.

He really seems to hate the implication that he ought to hold us in high regard though. It's pretty weird. He often seems to go out of his way to make it seem as though he absolutely doesn't.

9 minutes ago, cowl said:

It's clear from the anniversary dinner that Pearson still has a lot affection for us.

He really seems to hate the implication that he ought to hold us in high regard though. It's pretty weird. He often seems to go out of his way to make it seem as though he absolutely doesn't.

Strange fella. 

Mind.  That was the only time I've seen me fatha close to tears. 

(Well that and the end speech in brassed off)

When we sold Pearson and brought in Pearce. 

It were like a wake in our house.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

George is a kid. He’s been influenced by older people.

I hope he goes on to have a wonderful career.

David is IMO the best striker we have ever had. That’s how I will remember him. For what he did on the pitch. Rumour and speculation won’t change that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I'm going to Manchester on Thursday. I can give you a lift back to the right side of the hills if you want.

Enjoy the car park that is Mottram mate. I sat there for 45 minutes on saturday without moving. 

I have been in the company of DH a few times.

Never knew what you were going to get, from one meeting to another.

It was something like split personalities or BiPolar Disorder.

2 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I have lived in Manchester my whole life, with my dad born in Sheffield. As a youngster I flirted with both the Manchester sides, but in around 1996 my dad showed me a video tape of the Back in division 1 video tape (with the yellow box).

We were un-real that year, finishing I think third in the league and beating Man U with a Nigel Jemson brace.

I not only thought that I was watching the current Wednesday team when I wasn't, and I also didn't quite understand the concept of replays, and I therefore though we were winning every game around 10 nil. 

This, along with the performances and goals of a certain David Hirst, decided my fate, and resigned me to a life time of supporting Wednesday.

After recent affairs, how do others feel about David Hirst? I am hurt, disappointed, and feel like the foundation of my love for Wednesday has been ripped from under me.

Do we think Hirst and Pearson have spoken? 

Has Pearson done really quite badly by us or has he done his job?

Im walking round like a ghost, unable to think straight. I dont know where I am.

I feel your pain.

I wrote this song for him and his gifted offspring:

He drives a Seat Ibiza, 'cause in Barnsley that's reyt cool,

He runs his nan to the shops to get her pork chops and picks his girlfriend up from school.

He's only a teen yeah, and he's scoring goals for fun,

Cuts in from the wing with his swept across fringe on a powerful mazy run...

Just hope he's got a shot like him

Just hope he doesn't stop like him

Just hope he gets famous, gets worshipped and adored.

I want to feel the buzz like him

That feeling when he'd helped us win

I want to smile once more like the old days when he scored

Oooooh George Hirst, he's God's son, he's God's son!

Oooooh George Hirst, he's God's son, he's God's son!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George said:

He put his son's interests first. 

I'd have little time for anyone who would do otherwise.

I have a young son and I hope he develops into a man with deeper values and not someone who is swayed by materialism.  

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

I feel your pain.

I wrote this song for him and his gifted offspring:

He drives a Seat Ibiza, 'cause in Barnsley that's reyt cool,

He runs his nan to the shops to get her pork chops and picks his girlfriend up from school.

He's only a teen yeah, and he's scoring goals for fun,

Cuts in from the wing with his swept across fringe on a powerful mazy run...

Just hope he's got a shot like him

Just hope he doesn't stop like him

Just hope he gets famous, gets worshipped and adored.

I want to feel the buzz like him

That feeling when he'd helped us win

I want to smile once more like the old days when he scored

Oooooh George Hirst, he's God's son, he's God's son!

Oooooh George Hirst, he's God's son, he's God's son!

Amazing mate, simply amazing, wouldn't be surprised if Simon Cowell starts in-boxing you and harassing you into signing a contract with him...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AwokenGiant said:

I have a son and would develops into a man with deeper values and not someone who is swayed by materialism.  

My son is camper than a row of pink tents, shags owt,  shops at Louis Vitton and is garbage at football but I love him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, steveger said:

Amazing mate, simply amazing, wouldn't be surprised if Simon Cowell starts in-boxing you and harassing you into signing a contract with him...

That would be totally uncool.

Sonofbert2 has months remaining on his Owlstalk contract. Neil a is  hopeful that he'll sign a new one.

Though he's going to have to wait for his chance as Asteener1867 is still very much our main lyricist at the moment.

BREAKING 

*Sonofbert2 moves to Louis Walsh on a free. But everyone knows he's actually under Cowells umbrella. 

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

My son is camper than a row of pink tents, shags owt,  shops at Louis Vitton and is garbage at football but I love him.

Of course - unconditional love - but that wasn’t my point. Nothing wrong with having nice things but when it comes before my values and loyalty, then I’d rather not have it.

To thine own self be true. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

1 minute ago, DEH9 said:

That would be totally uncool.

Sonofbert2 has months remaining on his Owlstalk contract. Neil a is  hopeful that he'll sign a new one.

Though he's going to have to wait for his chance as Asteener1867 is still very much our main lyricist at the moment.

BREAKING 

*Sonofbert2 moves to Louis Walsh on a free. But everyone knows he's actually under Cowells umbrella. 

Just been approached to do a stint on Belgium X Factor while they wait for Louis to clap himself to death.

• Haha 3