Hirst Snr

I have lived in Manchester my whole life, with my dad born in Sheffield. As a youngster I flirted with both the Manchester sides, but in around 1996 my dad showed me a video tape of the Back in division 1 video tape (with the yellow box).

We were un-real that year, finishing I think third in the league and beating Man U with a Nigel Jemson brace.

I not only thought that I was watching the current Wednesday team when I wasn't, and I also didn't quite understand the concept of replays, and I therefore though we were winning every game around 10 nil. 

This, along with the performances and goals of a certain David Hirst, decided my fate, and resigned me to a life time of supporting Wednesday.

After recent affairs, how do others feel about David Hirst? I am hurt, disappointed, and feel like the foundation of my love for Wednesday has been ripped from under me.

Do we think Hirst and Pearson have spoken? 

Has Pearson done really quite badly by us or has he done his job?

Im walking round like a ghost, unable to think straight. I dont know where I am.

I hope that my idol hasn't been involved in shafting my club.

I hope evidence comes out to suggest it was agent maneuvering and nowt more.  

I've never met many if my hero's. 

I've sometimes been in places where my heroes have walked in, and I have walked out because I couldn't bear it if their persons didn't live up to their myths. 

I might be a bit barmy like that. 

I want heroes to stay heroes. 

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Jack the Hat
25 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Loved the last line 

Me too. Makes me wonder if it's a wind up. If not don't come anyway near my wife. I've always laughed at her for believing in ghosts- I'd hate you to prove her right!

32 minutes ago, Bigaltheowl said:

It's just business nothing personal as they say in the godfather

Aye,  before a family member got  rowed out onto the lake and shot!:laugh:

Edited by DEH9

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, cowl said:

...that you've invaluably contributed to.

That point’s as boring now as it was the first time it was ever made 

Well the Chairman's statment hasn't painted the brightest picture.

But that's just one side of the tale.

Several on here have posted first hand stuff that also hasn't painted the best picture. 

But again that's onother side of the tale. 

I'm hoping beyond anything there's a third side coming the other way to clear things up and restore a love that's clearly dwindling in some. That some feel is being tainted.

57 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

I have lived in Manchester my whole life, with my dad born in Sheffield. As a youngster I flirted with both the Manchester sides, but in around 1996 my dad showed me a video tape of the Back in division 1 video tape (with the yellow box).

We were un-real that year, finishing I think third in the league and beating Man U with a Nigel Jemson brace.

I not only thought that I was watching the current Wednesday team when I wasn't, and I also didn't quite understand the concept of replays, and I therefore though we were winning every game around 10 nil. 

This, along with the performances and goals of a certain David Hirst, decided my fate, and resigned me to a life time of supporting Wednesday.

After recent affairs, how do others feel about David Hirst? I am hurt, disappointed, and feel like the foundation of my love for Wednesday has been ripped from under me.

Do we think Hirst and Pearson have spoken? 

Has Pearson done really quite badly by us or has he done his job?

Im walking round like a ghost, unable to think straight. I dont know where I am.

He put his son's interests first. 

I'd have little time for anyone who would do otherwise.