Naughties - The dark years

Fans who are moaning about the state of the club now should watch those videos and also take a look at the state of a club not too far way from us and think you know something we haven’t got it bad at all?

• Thanks 1

We owe so much to old Milan Mandaric.  Club was on its knees, Alan Irvine lurching us towards League 2, a judge's gravel away from being bust, Sg Wilko effectively trying to run the club.  

Old Milan put his wrinkly bits on the line and started to fix it all.  Legend.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

We owe so much to old Milan Mandaric.  Club was on its knees, Alan Irvine lurching us towards League 2, a judge's gravel away from being bust, Sg Wilko effectively trying to run the club.  

Old Milan put his wrinkly bits on the line and started to fix it all.  Legend.

It can never be fixed, it’s always WIP

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Businessman
Came in, snapped up a club on the cheap, applied a shedload of PR, spin and polish
Sold the club
Made profit
Left smiliing

We don't owe him anything - he's got his payout

We do owe him for one thing though.

Stopping the Mammadov deal. Didnt have our best interests at heart he wouldn't have bothered to stop it.

Or did he just stop it because Mammadov didn't have any money to give him in the end. 

Would like to think it was the first option personally.

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Businessman
Came in, snapped up a club on the cheap, applied a shedload of PR, spin and polish
Sold the club
Made profit
Left smiliing

Agree with that BUT I’ll always be grateful to him, we wouldn’t be where we are today if it weren’t for him. Seemed to genuinely love the fans and the club. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Businessman
Sold the club
Made profit
Left smiliing

basically your spot on but where he scores with me was that he had the experience to  do that and make a success of it  …..we could just as easily have got someone who hadn't got a clue on how to run a football club like those that took on blackburn,forest,villa etc etc . 

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

basically your spot on but where he scores with me was that he had the experience to  do that and make a success of it  …..we could just as easily have got someone who hadn't got a clue on how to run a football club like those that took on blackburn,forest,villa etc etc . 

100%
Although I didn't fall for his PR I did appreciate the way he went about his work as he was always respectful to our fans which always goes down well in my book.

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Agree with that BUT I’ll always be grateful to him, we wouldn’t be where we are today if it weren’t for him. Seemed to genuinely love the fans and the club. 

for me? a professional businessman who knew his line of business well, and what buttons to press, and when to press them, i honestly think it took him longer to get out that he'd anticipated once promoted.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Businessman
Sold the club
Made profit
Left smiliing

Wrong!

He was due the money we owe him when we reach the PL. This was the agreement prior to DC coming in. Not sure that is still the case. 

Edited by CF83OWL

1 minute ago, CF83OWL said:

Wrong!

He was due the money we owe him when we reach the PL. This was the agreement prior to DC coming in. Not sure that is still the case. 

Not sure

Either way my point remains

He didn't appear like Mary Poppins out of the clouds to come rescue a football team he's never heard of

The fact that fans played it out like that and that became the myth would have helped him massively tho

Owlstalk Shop