Naughties - The dark years

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We do owe him for one thing though.

Stopping the Mammadov deal. Didnt have our best interests at heart he wouldn't have bothered to stop it.

Or did he just stop it because Mammadov didn't have any money to give him in the end. 

Would like to think it was the first option personally.

I would suggest that the latter statement is closer to the truth - Mandaric would have had absolutely no qualms about offloading to Mammadov if the moolah had been real and available.

lol

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not sure

Either way my point remains

He didn't appear like Mary Poppins out of the clouds to come rescue a football team he's never heard of

The fact that fans played it out like that and that became the myth would have helped him massively tho

We all love a charmer, but after Allen a charmer is exactly what we needed........not to mention the massive amount of know how.

Think you do Milan an injustice, yes he only bought us to make a profittttt, but he breathed life back into not just the club, but the fan base as well.

42 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

We all love a charmer, but after Allen a charmer is exactly what we needed........not to mention the massive amount of know how.

Think you do Milan an injustice, yes he only bought us to make a profittttt, but he breathed life back into not just the club, but the fan base as well.

I agree

But my point is that he's not some huge amazing superhero who came to save the club

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We do owe him for one thing though.

Stopping the Mammadov deal. Didnt have our best interests at heart he wouldn't have bothered to stop it.

Or did he just stop it because Mammadov didn't have any money to give him in the end. 

Would like to think it was the first option personally.

This is more than likely the correct assumption, he would have flogged us to anyone no matter the bull he pandered.

Imagine the mess we'd be in now...

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I would suggest that the latter statement is closer to the truth - Mandaric would have had absolutely no qualms about offloading to Mammadov if the moolah had been real and available.

lol

5 minutes ago, steveger said:

This is more than likely the correct assumption, he would have flogged us to anyone no matter the bull he pandered.

Imagine the mess we'd be in now...

Milan said he would find us a good owner when he was gone. He did that. 

Think the fact he didnt do the deal with Mammadov and found us Chansiri says to me he cared who we went to.

The words "Brewery " and "Booze Up" spring to mind when thinking about those in charge who left us on the brink. 

Luckily they have gone on to have major success at Chesterfield. lol

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Businessman
Came in, snapped up a club on the cheap, applied a shedload of PR, spin and polish
Sold the club
Made profit
Left smiliing

We don't owe him anything - he's got his payout

7 hours ago, CF83OWL said:

Wrong!

He was due the money we owe him when we reach the PL. This was the agreement prior to DC coming in. Not sure that is still the case. 

I thought it was dave allen we owed money too if we get to the prem ……...

If he doesn’t deserve to be hailed as a hero for saving our club because he made a profit, does that mean our past legendary players don’t deserve their accolades as they were paid to play for the club?