Leeds United looking to snatch Venancio from #SWFC's grasp

2 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

We got van aken for far more cash who is donkey pants and true liability in championship yet venancio at half a million or so we dither around when it's clear he wants to stay and has passion. 

The legacy of the idiotic previous regime I’m afraid 

4 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Man utd signed a full back from Porto yesterday so it must be open now. 

I'm sure we will see signings in the next few weeks as window closes earlier now.

Portuguese transfer window opens 2July according to Google, 

Man U must have a signed agreement awaiting ratification thereafter

Knowing how tight lipped Owls are about transfers, who’s to know if we have similar agreements.

Thought Venancio arrangement was loan with option to buy anyway.

On 07/06/2018 at 15:00, S1Owl said:

We got van aken for far more cash who is donkey pants and true liability in championship yet venancio at half a million or so we dither around when it's clear he wants to stay and has passion. 

unfair comment but it's all about opinions

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:00, S1Owl said:

he may be happy to stay here but if he gets a better offer elsewhere I suspect he'll off ……...it's not a question of dithering ,the club have said they want him back so you'd think they have talked with him and told him what they can offer .we all think the purse strings have to be tightened so it's fair to assume the club cant get to involved in any bidding wars when it comes to signing new players …...I think it makes sense to make offers on any player based on  what we think they are worth rather than what they are demanding .

This what I really love about owlstalk. For all we know a deal could be signed and sealed, but some posters are in melt down because the club is dithering. Three months ago he was on most posters list with joaoa and big Dave. That’s the “ I will drive him there myself list”.

what Jo’s has achieved with those three is remarkable. Let’s trust his judgement on this eh?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Like Leeds also raiding Villa for Bruce today, we are vulnerable financially.

An option to buy is only good if you have the dosh.

But a top stopper - or 2 - must be our priority.

The transfer fee and wages will not be an issue.   The wages are already on the books anyway.

It's not like we are signing John Terry on stupid wages.

11 hours ago, Plonk said:

This what I really love about owlstalk. For all we know a deal could be signed and sealed, but some posters are in melt down because the club is dithering. Three months ago he was on most posters list with joaoa and big Dave. That’s the “ I will drive him there myself list”.

what Jo’s has achieved with those three is remarkable. Let’s trust his judgement on this eh?

Look at you bringing sensibility to Owlstalk. Pffft :duntmatter:

On 08/06/2018 at 22:42, steveger said:

unfair comment but it's all about opinions

Bit of one of them for me vanakren is still very young and unexperienced in terms of a cb and the championship. Hes very raw at this level, but with the right coach (Jos hopefully) he will push on and improve like others have. 

Love to get vannancio back, he's a captain and when finally given a chance fitted in well and is ready made for the championship, so we need to do a deal. Him and vanAkren could become a very solid partnership if we decide to cash in on Lees with the trio of young guns O'Grady, Thorniley and Nielson as back up. 

On 09/06/2018 at 12:15, Earlsfieldowl said:

Plus CC had no idea how to manage him.

..as such judgement on him deserves to be put on hold - could turn out to be a decent player under the right coach

Think CC was a bit racist. Seemed to have issues with Portuguese players.

On 09/06/2018 at 10:21, Plonk said:

There is no place for sensible, reasonable posts like this on Owlstalk. 

If you cant rant and post made up rumors , bullshine and half truths , please refrain from posting.